Safe

Daryl still hasn't spoken but he was keeping a watch. She made us all dinner before she handed it to us not taking any. 'You also need to eat.' Daryl spoke up for the first time. 'I already eat before saving you so I'm good.' she sat down now more relaxed her wolf walking over to one having a beef turkey hanging out of its mouth and giving it to her. she nuzzle his nose thanking it.

'They love you?' Judith spoke up and her attention was back on the kids. 'Yeah, I saved them not long after it all started when they were puppies they have been with me since. they are really smart and help me a lot.' she smiled at the little girl. ' I don't have a mommy.' Judith said breaking my heart just listening in.

'That's okay little one I'm guessing she gave it her all to save you didn't she?' her smile was contagious. 'Yeah.' Carl said making Judith smile big again. 'Also parents aren't always the ones with your blood seeing Daryl protect you two seems like you have more than your father.' She didn't like to speak but she did when she felt it was needed Judith jumped over to her and into her lap.

We all could see her stiffen at the contact. Her eyes were spooked she was scared and unsure. It took a minute before she relaxed and the wolves laid down seeing their mom is okay. Judith sat there and spoke about everything. 'It's getting late little one why don't you sleep a little? It's safe now the Wolfes will warn me when there is danger close.' Judith then yawned before she lay into her sleeping the woman's eyes growing in shock rushing out of her.

She turned to me when Judith was asleep begging me with her eyes to take her. So I walked over took Judith and laid her on the couch. 'Not used to kids?'  i spoke after. 'Not contact more like.' she mumbled but we heard. 'So who are you? and how are you soo good no one would do what you did.' she giggles her hand running in the wolf's hair. 'I am no one but call me Anna, I have been alone since the start I saved some I come over if I think they are worthy or rather it was my wolves that heard the commotion if it wasn't for them I would have passed not knowing anything.' We looked over at the wolf I could see one having one eye open studying us both.

'They are smart.' Daryl suddenly said before walking over to the coach sitting down feeling more relaxed. She was sitting against the wall on the floor relaxed with the wolf beside her. We were silent for some time now. 'So where you going?' she said now we were a bit unsure to tell but she did just save us. she could somehow see the struggle. 'It's okay we should part ways tomorrow.' she smiled and laid down using one wolf as a pillow. Judith and Carl laying sleep-shivering we didn't have anything everything was in the car we just left. She could sense my worry or see that the kids were cold so she walked up and carried carl to one of the wolves and then Judith snuggled them both to the wolf both becoming warm but she went to her backpack finding a blanket big enough to take over them both.

One wolf lifted her head looking to the side its ears moving listening to something before it turned to Anna it was like they were talking before the wolf laid down again. 'Sounds like there are some walkers close by but they aren't moving to the house so it should be fine I can check it out just in case.' she stood up drinking some water before she was about to walk off. Daryl stood up with no word. 'You can come but wouldn't you rather be with the kids seeing they are laying with two wolves big enough to eat them.' she could see that we were not backing down.

She whistled to the wolves making their both head stand up in guarding mode before she gave us each a gun just in case making us both follow. She was quick and silent with her steps and we were now hiding seeing a horde of walkers walking past us not sensing us. Her eyes were calculating over the horde it was like she was studying them before a walker was behind her I could see Daryl was about to shoot it but she only lifted her arm with a knife pushing it through the walker before she slowly let it down still looking over the horde.

She signalled for us to come so we walked back slowly to make sure the horde didn't join us. We didn't speak before we were back at the house Anna whistled making the wolf relax the kids were still asleep. we were about to give back her guns. 'Keep it you will need it more than me.' she sat down now beside the sleeping kids and wolves relaxing again.

'Well, maybe we can get to know each other more?' I tried to start a conversation her eyes open giving me her attention. 'well im Rick grimes I was a police officer I was shot and woken up about four months from the hospital finding myself in this world I went out to find my wife and son.' he finished. 'Must have been scary waking up and everything trying to attack you.' she spoke she wasn't sarcastic she had sorrow in her eyes. 'Yeah, it was a change.' 'I was with my brother Merlin we are hunters when it all came down.' she nodded she didn't ask more and when she saw them both just looking at her waiting for her to speak. 'I have been in the special corpse military for some years but it all started when I was home the news telling us to get out of town.'

'Us?' Daryl tried to pry. 'My family, we were all at home when the news came they rushed off, taking my brother with them I haven't seen them since.' she didn't look sad or anything just natural. 'without you?' Daryl asked again. she sigh hard. 'I was always the odd one out they didn't recognize me as their daughter, I was just the one getting money in for them the reason why they never let me move out so when the news came they rushed off my brother tried to protest we were close but I just smiled at him telling him it was okay. They would have a better chance with me since I have some training but that didn't hit them they rushed off.'