~Chapter 3 (dinner)~

By the time I was done, it was around 6:00pm and I was just waiting to be called for dinner. There was a knock on my door before it opened, “Irene dinner is ready.” I expected it to be Elliot, but it was Kai, “Umm hi, yeah I'm ready” I don’t know why I was so nervous around him. “Good lets go then” we walked down the hall in awkward silence, “so why am I being kept here” “sorry darling can’t tell you just yet.” Darling did he just call me darling, I could feel my checks heating up, I looked up at him only to see him smirking, this little prick knows what he’s doing.

We made it to the dining hall, and it was gorgeous. There was a lang table with a beautiful chandelier hanging above, there were seats lined up on both sides. “Come on your seat is here” he led to a seat right next to the head of the table. I sat down and he sat at the head of the table, makes sense he is the boss. “You look beautiful my love, I'm glad the outfits fit,” “Thank you.” After a little bit Elliot, Vincent, and Elisa all came and sat down too. Elisa sat next to me while Vincent and Elliot sat across from me.

We started eating until I built up enough courage to ask questions, “so are you gonna finally tell me why I'm here” Vincent, the mean looking one answered my question “You are going to work for us, I assume you know how to fight since you grew up in the mafia.” I nodded my head “good then you will be doing small missions here and there, maybe seducing someone to get information or just hunting don’t people who owe us money.” I nodded my head, I was kind of excited I didn’t get to do any kind of missions back at home because my father thought womans were too weak to do so.

“so, when can I start” Vincent looked at kai for the answer “That depends, tomorrow I'll take you to the training room to test you're abilities, then we can talk about which mission would be suitable for you.”

“Umm guys so are we not gonna ask her where she came from, or anything she could be working undercover for some-” He was cut off by Kai “I know she’s not working for anyone I did my research on her” wait, what was that supposed to mean, does he know what my father and brother did to me, before I could ask questions he got up and left, Strange.

I entered my room after getting lost for 30 minutes and changed to some pj’s. As soon as my head hit the bed, I fell asleep.

The next morning, I woke up at 7 which was perfect, since I would have enough time to get ready. I took a shower, got dressed in a hoodie and shorts since Kai said we’ll be training today. And went to the kitchen since I assumed the dining room would be empty, I went to the kitchen and looked around to see if anyone was there. I spotted a maid cleaning the counter, “hello umm when is breakfast gonna be served” she looked a little younger than me, but definitely ten times meaner looking “what? Go find something yourself I'm not cooking again" again did they already eat, “umm when does everyone else eat” I say embarrassed “2 hours ago sweetheart.” she said while giving me a fake smile.

So, they all ate already. I slowly backed away planning on going back to my room “where are you going” said a deep but soft voice, I turned around only to be faced with a muscled chest, it was Kai, and he was shirtless.

I started blushing violently trying to look away, but I couldn’t, he noticed and chuckled, he lifted my chin with his fingers. I’m quite sure my face was a tomato at this point. “My eyes are up here love” I looked up to see him smirking “I was wondering when we are gonna train” I asked still blushing like crazy “soon, after you eat.” His gaze turned dark as he looked at the maid “you’re fired” the maids eyes went wide and she struggled to speak “w-what, sir why.”

“For disrespecting Ms. Irene, and being rude in general. I want you out by the end of the day”

She left the kitchen with her head hung low. I turned around stunned, he was willing to fire a maid just because she was mean to me.

“You didn’t have to do that” his expression was back to its stern self “yes, I did, she was being mean to you. And I can’t have that princess”

“now why don’t I cook you something.” He was going to cook “you’re going to cook, don’t you have better things to do” He smiled and went back to cooking something.

I sat patiently on the stool next to the counter waiting for him to finish. I don’t know what he cooked but it smelled really nice.

He placed a plate in front of me, it was pancakes, eggs, and some toast with butter. “Thank you, I didn’t think you could cook well.”

“I might be a heartless killer, but that doesn’t mean I can’t cook. Now eat up we will be doing some tough training.”

I finished eating and he took me to the basement like area after getting changed. It had a huge built-in training gym, “okay today we’ll start with combat training, there are a couple people here who will train with us. You will be going against one of them at the end.” Wait I would have to fight one of the people here, “that sound dangerous.”

“don’t worry princess I won’t let anything happen to you” I hope. He led me to a group of people standing in the middle of the small arena, it was Vincent, Elliot, Elisa and three other people whom I didn’t know. “She will be joining us today in training, so be nice” he said more directed to Vincent.

We did some warmups, a couple exercises, and then went to the gun shooting place. “Do you know how to use a gun” asked Kai “I know how to, but I don't use them often” he nodded.

Everyone took turns picking a gun then shooting the target, and now it was my turn. One of the girls snickered and muttered how I probably can’t even hold a gun. But what she doesn’t know is that I practiced using a gun for 10 years, not on live subjects but for training.

My brother Theo taught me how to use one before he left for school, he might have been younger than me but me and him were really close with each other. He was the only one who didn’t abuse me, and I was sad that father sent him away for studying but I'm glad he didn’t have to go through any abuse.

I picked up a small gun and made my way to the target, I consecrated on the target, slowed my breathing and then fired.

The shot hit the dummy straight in the forehead, I turned around to see if I did good or not, they all gave me a small smile except the girl from earlier, “impressive, Irene you’re better than I thought,” said Kai.

We all made our way back to the small fighting arena and Kai told us we’ll be going up against each other, The first match was between Vincent and Elisa, Elisa was quick and small, so she was able to dodge Vincents punches, but Vincent was stronger and bigger, so it was a hard match. They kept fighting until Vincent sent a punch straight to Elisa's jaw.

I think he broke her jaw. This was more gruesome than I thought. She fell on the floor and Kai raised his hand signaling them to stop. There were more people after that, but I kept waiting for my turn. I was the only one who hasn’t fought yet, so I wonder who my partner will be.