~Chapter 24 (Home)~

We were all sitting down near the beach, Elisa and Theo were out in the water, Elliot went out to get us snack, me and Irene are cuddled up with a blanket watching the calming water of the beach hit the sand. This is nice.

“Hey guys, guess what I got.” Elliot said running towards us with five pizza boxes. “We just had breakfast, though.” He shrugged and set the pizza boxes down before going to get the drinks.

_______________________________

After everyone ate the pizza, we played a couple rounds of uno with Elliot losing every time and decided to head back inside.

We were all now in the living room beside Irene who was taking a shower. We were all discussing what to do for Irenes' birthday, it was in a month, but I still wanted to do something special. “We could do like a really cute picnic near a park or something.”

“Sure, but it’s not special enough. I want something big.” They all nodded.

Just then Irene walked into the living room smiling and wearing a bear onesie I got for her. She sat down on my lap and turned around wrapping her arms around my neck. I leaned down and inhaled her scent, she smelled like lavender. She looked up at me and grinned, “hi.”

I smiled and leaned down to peck her lips, “hi.” She smiled and leaned back down snuggling into me. My sweet girl.

I looked up and met Elisa’s gaze, she was looking at me with a knowing smile, I rolled my eyes and looked back down to Irene, she had her eyes closed and looked so peaceful.

I heard the click of a camera and looked up, Elliot grinning and holding up his phone, he mouthed Whipped and kept grinning like an idiot. I got up with Irene in my arms and flicked him off before walking up stairs.

I took us up to our room and sat her down on the bed. I had planned something for tonight that is if Irene doesn’t fall asleep before we do it. I walked to our closet and grabbed one of my hoodies. I walked back to Irene and threw the hoodie at her. “Wear this, we’re going somewhere.”

“Where, are you planning on murdering me.” Why does she always think I'm murdering her. “Maybe, and don’t worry no one lives near here so they won’t hear your screams.” She grinned and put the hoodie on.

_____________________________

We were walking up the small mountain, Irene was in front of me, and she was panting as if she ran a mile.

We finally made it to the top of the mountain, it was around sunset, so it was perfect. I got out the little blanket I brought and set it on the ground. We both sat down on the blanket.

The sun was slowly setting making the atmosphere cozy, “oh my god, Kai this is beautiful.” The sun made the clouds a shade of yellow, orange, and pink. It was mesmerizing.

“It is” I said looking at her.

We stayed there until the sun fully set, and the sky was filled with stars. This was nice.

_______________________

We headed back to the house after a while and went straight to bed.

Irene

I woke up feeling something heavy on top of me, I looked down to see Kai laying on me with his head on my stomach and his arms gripping my legs. He slowly brought his head up and smiled at me, “morning” he whispered in his throaty morning voice. “Morning, sunshine.”

“don’t call me that” he huffed and rolled over dragging me with him so now he’s spooning me. We stayed like that in each other's embrace.

A lot has happened in the past few months, Kai found me, took me to his house, I made new friends, got to do things I normally wasn’t allowed to, live a life I never thought I could or would. And it’s all thanks to Kai. I could’ve have been happier to be found by him.

I turned around and placed a small kiss on his lips, he grinned and kissed me back. “I love you Kai Medici. I'll always love you.” with that I drifted off to sleep with a smile on my face.

The end

___________________________
_____________________________________

*screaming* I can't believe the story is over already.
Though this was a shortish story it still took a lot of work and time, and I'm so grateful for everyone who read my story. Thank you. 🙃

(Epilogue coming soon!!!)