Recovering (Ch 8)

POV Sonic

Woke up the next day with doctors all over me. I was so tired I didn't even care. I gained energy and looked around for Shadow. He was outside the door. The nurse then spoke to me. "Your boyfriend is outside, sweetie. we were just checking your blood pressure. Everything's okay." Her words calmed me down. 2 minutes later, they left, and Shadow came back inside the room. "How are you, my love?" "Better darling, those pain reliefs are doing something. Still can't move my leg, though.." I saddened my tone. "I'm sorry, Sonic." "Hopefully time goes by fast." The nurse came into our room. "Good news! Your leg will recover, of course, but you'll be able to walk with crutches in about a week. I smiled. It was better than being in a hospital bed for 3 weeks. "Thank you, Ma'am." She nodded and left the room. "That's good, isn't it?" "Yeah!"

Shadow POV

"I'm going to the restroom, alright? I'll have a nurse stay with you." "Oh okay!" I left the room and called a nurse to stay with him. On my way to the restroom, I heard a conversation. It was about Sonic. "A piece of glass couldn't have done that. Something paralyzed him." "It was some type of venom. Yesterday, I took a blood sample, and it had an unusual liquid in there. I'll send it to the laboratory to see what it is." "Aren't you going to get the venom out first? Won't it spread and do worse to the body?" Another nurse jumped in on the conversation. "I could do that if you want." "Perfect thank you." A venom? What did Eggman put on him? I'm going to kill him. I swear I will.

I headed back to Sonics room and sat down next to him. "Hi Shadow, what took you so long?" "I was getting a snack, but the vending machine didn't work. "Oh okay." It's better if the nurse told him. The nurse asked me to go. When I went outside the room, the doctor was there. "Don't worry, he will just be put to sleep. We will be taking out a liquid that could be harmful to him." I nodded and smiled slightly. 'You should smile more.' The thought made me smile wider. I hope everything goes well.

It was about 7:00 PM, and Sonic was sleeping. I guess the anesthesia thingy made him tired.. I don't know about medical stuff. I went back to his room and grabbed my phone. I researched about the 'liquid' that paralyzed his leg. There were a lot of different ones with different causes, one was similar to his situation,Neurotoxic snake venom? Why would he use snake venom? That fat man was onto something. He was planning something. I'm not sure if that's the 'weird liquid' in his leg, I'll wait for the laboratory guy to tell us.

I was tired and bored, honestly, but my main focus was making sure that Sonic was okay. I watched as my thought, all filled with him. He is so precious. My thoughts snapped when the doctor and a scientist looking guy came in the room. "Would you mind waking him up? We want to tell both of you the news." I nodded and walked towards Sonic, gently waking him up. He yawned and looked at me then at the doctor's. "Hm?" He hummed, confused. "We wanted to inform you both about a venom that entered your leg, Sonic. The doctor looked at him on those last words. "This venom is called Phospholipase A2s, in shorter words, a toxic snake venom. Luckily, while you were under anesthesia, we got the venom out before it could spread. Due to that, you should be out sooner than 4 weeks." The doctors let Sonic process everything. "O-Oh, okay." I could tell asonic had mixed emotions about this. The doctors left and left us some snacks in case we were hungry. "How did I get snake venom?" I heard Sonic mumble out. "Eggman must've had snake venom in the Bot that stabbed your leg." I replied. He sighed. "Heh, at least I'll be out sooner, and they got the dangerous part out. Still have this scratch in my head, though."

"It looks ugly

"It looks ugly." "You still look so beautiful to me." I whispered in his ear. I then kissed him. He got red at the sudden kiss. "You look cute all flustered." "Shut up." I Chuckled. "I'm tired" Sonic said. "Then we should go to sleep, no?" "Okay. Sweet dreams, darling" "sleep well, my love."

SORRY FOR SHORT CHAPTER‼️