Chapter 4

Mary changes back into her green corset top that's revealing, some jeans, and a blazer jacket when they're back on the helicarrier

Mary changes back into her green corset top that's revealing, some jeans, and a blazer jacket when they're back on the helicarrier. They brought Loki in. He woke up on the way back and was sulking because Screaming Woman had gotten the upper hand on him. She goes into the briefing room and Bruce drapes an arm over her shoulders as they watch the talk with Loki. 

Loki is convinced in a large glass fell held by hydraulic rigs. Fury walks up to the lathe control panel of the cell.

"In case it's unclear," Fury says. "You try to escape. You so much as scratch the glass." He presses a button and a hatch opens under Loki's cell; the wind gusts alone would make a man terrified, but not a God. "Thirty thousand feet, straight town into a steel trap. You get how that works?!" Fury closes the hatch and points at Loki. "Ant." He points to the button that opens the hatch that'll drop Loki. "Boot."

Loki smirks. "It's an impressive cage," he says. "Not built, I think, for me."

"Built for something a lot stronger than you," Fury replies.

"Oh, I've heard." Loki looks into the camera. "The mindless beast, makes play he's still a man." He turns to Fury. "How desperate you are, that you call upon such lost creatures to defend you?"

'You're not lost," Mary says softly to Bruce.

"I know," he whispers back. "I know because you found me."

"How desperate am I?" Fury raises an eyebrow. "You threaten my world with war. You steal a force can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill 'cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."

"Ooh," Loki mewls. "It burns you to come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share, and then to be reminded what real power is."

Fury smiles. "Well, you let me know if Real Power wants a magazine or something." He walks away.

Loki smirks as he looks back at the camera before it goes black. Thor didn't even look at the monitor, he only listened.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce asks after a moment.

"Loki's gonna drag this out," Steve comments. "So, Thor, what's his plan?"

"He had an army called the Chitauri," Thor replies. "They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They kill to win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."

"An army?" Steve asks seriously. "From outer space?"

"He's building another portal," Mary comments.

Bruce nods. "That's what he needs Eric Selvig for."

"Selvig?" Thor asks.

"He's an astrophysicist,"Bruce says.

"Loki has him under some spell, along with one of our own," nag says. "Her ex-husband."

"Whom I'd like to see under his own control again," Mary adds.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him," Steve claims. "He's not leading an army from here."

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki," Bruce says. "The guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him."

"Have care of how you speak," Thor says. "Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother."

"He killed eighty people in two days," Natasha says plainly.

"He's adopted," Thor states.

"Iridium," Bruce says, "what do they need the Iridium for?"

"It's a stabilizing agent," Tony says as he and Coulson enter the briefing room. He looks at Coulson. "I'll fly you there. Keep the love alive. Means the portal won't collapse on itself, like it did at SHIELD." He turns to Thor. "No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing." He then starts referring to the Iridium. "Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long, as long as Loki wants." He turns to the crew.

They end up having to show Tony that they use monitors and turning. He puts a button sized hacking implant under Fury's desk without anyone noticing.

"Well, that's exhausting," Tony says. "The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. Only major component is he still needs a power source. A high energy density, something to kickstart toe cube."

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Agent Maria Hill asks.

"Last night," Tony replies. "The packet, Selvig's notes, the Extraction Theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?"

"I did," Mary replies sheepishly and Tony fist bumps her, making her smile a little bit.

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Steve asks.

"He's got to heat the cube to a 120 million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier," Bruce says.

"Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect," Tony says.

"If he could use that, he could a chime Heavy Ion Fusion at any reactor on the planet."

"Finally, someone who speaks English!" Tony exasperates and he shakes Bruce's hand.

Steve walks over to Mary, who is now near the table where Natasha is. "Is that what just happened?" He asks.

"It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner," Tony says, their eyes both shining with respect. "Your work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster."

"Bruce, want me to put him to sleep?" Mary asks him defensively.

"No, Mary, it's fine," Bruce reassures her and she steps back.

"Dr. Banner is only here to track the cube," Fury says as he enters; he knows that Mary is here to help save the planet along with the others. "I was hopping you might join him."

"Let's start with that stick of his," Steve says. "It may be magical,  jt it works an awful lot like a HYDRA weapon." He glances at Mary and sees her peeling the skin beside her thumb nail anxiously as she hears the name HYDRA.

"I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube," Fury states. "And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys."

"Monkeys?" Thor frowns. "I do not understand."

"I do!" Steve exclaims and Mary grins, she likes him. "I understood they reference!"

Mary high-fives the proud Steve Rogers and Tony rolls his eyes.

"Shall we play, Doctor?" Tony asks Bruce.

"Let's play," Bruce replies and they walk away.

"That'll be interesting," Mary says.

Natasha hums. "Agreed."

Mary walks over and she sits down beside her. She rests her head on Natasha's shoulder. "Я скучаю по нему," she says in Russian.

"We'll find him," Natasha reassures her. "Trust me, he's missed you, too."

Mary relaxes as Nat wraps an arm around her, the others let the Russian Spy comfort the Banshee/Siren mix breed.