Chapter 34

On the Wakandan battlefield...

There carriers hover over the ground with Wakandan soldiers. Natasha, Steve, Mary, and Bucky are on board, Bruce is in the Hulkbuster. Since Hulk won't come out, they had this thing made for him. Mary made it because she's becoming a little Tony Stark in creating technology; Bruce is really impressed with Mary, she's come a long way since she came to him after narrowly escaping Hydra. She thinks that's what she'll do if she ever lea es the Avengers. She will move her, Bucky, Clint, Rosalie, Clark, Laura, Henry, Elijah, their new son Jacob, and Katie to Japan and she'll work on Japanese technology.

"How we looking, Bruce?" Natasha asks over the comms.

"Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it," Bruce replies. "Wow! It's like being the Hulk worn out actually-" he stumbles on a rock and he falls; Okoye gives him a dubious look as she passes on a carrier. Bruce stands. "I'm okay. I'm okay."

"We got two heat signatures breaking through the tree lines," Sam alerts.

M'Baku of the Jubari rallies his so,diets with a war cry. He stops as T'Challa nears him.

"Thank you for standing with us," T'Challa says.

"Of brother, brother," M'Baku replies in his language.

T'Challa, Steve, and Natasha walk to the edge of the barrier, where Proxima Midnight and Obsidian Cole stand.

"Where's your other friend?" Natasha asks.

"You will pay for his life with yours," Proxima replies. "Thanos will have that stone."

"That's not gonna happen," Steve says.

"You are in Wakanda now," T'Challa says. "Thanks will have nothing but dust and blood."

"We... have blood to spare," Proxima says. She raises her right arm with a cry, several large ships emerge from the forest behind her.

T'Challa, Steve and Natasha return to the front line.

"Did they surrender?" Bucky and Mary ask together and Sam winces, he hated when they did that before the freezings but jeesh, it still unnerved him.

"Not exactly," Steve replied.

T'Challa leads the Wakandans in the war cry 'Yimbambe!", telling them to hold fast as the Outriders bound toward the barrier.

"What the hell?" The Barnes siblings ask together again

"Looks like we pissed her off," Nat replies. She's not bothered by the siblings speaking in sync.

T'Challa commands the soldiers to engage their shields. Okoye watches as the outriders bombard the done only a few getting through.

"They're killing themselves," Okoye says.

Sam sends Redwings into the fight as he flies. "You seen the teeth on those things?" He asks.

"Alright, back up, Sam," Rhodey instructs. "You're gonna get your wings singed." He flies over to the section that has been breached and drops a barrage of mines.

"Cap," Sam says, "if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us... there's nothing between them and Vision."

"Then we better keep 'em in front of us," Steve says.

"How do we do that?" Okoye asks T'Challa.

"We open the barrier," T'Challa says and he puts his hand to his ear. "On my signal, open the North-West Section Seventeen.'

"Requesting confirmation, My King," a Wakandan officer says. "You said open the barriers?"

"On my signal," T'Challa confirms.

"This will be the end of Wakanda," M'Baku says to Okoye.

"Then it will be the noblest ending in history," Okoye replies.

The section barrier is then opened when T'Challa gives his signal.

"Wakanda forever!" T'Challa yells and he crosses his hands over his chest as his Black Panther helmet covers his face, leading the army as they run toward the barrier. T'Challa and Steve are at the front of the advancing army. "Now!" He yells and the section in the barrier disappears and the Outriders charge at them.

"How much longer, Shuri?" T'Challa asks over the comms.

"We've barely begun, brother," Shuri replies, she is inside with Vision.

"You might want to pick up the pace," T'Challa says.

The Avengers and Wakandans continue fighting, they're struggling against the Outriders. Suddenly, a large beam of light lands nearby. The Avengers and Wakandans stop and look up as the ace flies through the air, electrocuting the Outricets. Thor appears and along with him is his new axe Stormbreaker, also with Rocket and Groot. Rocket is a talking raccoon and Groot is a tree.

Bruce laughs with joy, in the Hulksmasher.  "Hah! Hah! Hah! You guys are screwed now!"

"BRING ME THANOS!" Thor demands as he chargers towards the hoards of Outriders, followed by Rocket and Groot.
=====

"New haircut?" Thor asks Steve upon seeing him. "I noticed you've copied my beard." He fluffs his own and Steve cracks a smile.

"You're a raccoon," Mary says to Rocket.

"Yes," Rocket replies. "You're pretty."

Mary smiles. "I hear that all the time."

"But from a talking raccoon?" Rocket asks, flirting.

Mary smiles, she knows Clint will bust her invisible balls for this, for her being flirted with by a raccoon. "That's a first," she says. "My husband will get a field day out of this."

"He won't care I flirt?"

"No, he'll laugh," Mary replies.

Inside the Hulksmasher, Bruce is arguing with Hulk. He wants to Hulk out but Hulk isn't having it. After Thanos appears and disappears, Bucky falls and he collapses into ash.

"No!" Mary gasps. "Bucky!"

She feels a small animal hand grab hers and she sees Rocket.

"Mary," Steve says. "You should go home to your family."

"But Cap..."

"Clark and Rosalie need you," Steve interrupts. "If anything happens and you're needed, you will get a call."

"Cam I call you, sweet cheeks?" Rocket asks.

She fives Rocket her info and she goes to T'Challa. "I'm being sent home?"

"I have a teleporting machine in Bucky's chambers, he wanted it there to get to you," T'Challa says. He gives her the coordinates. "Come back if Wakanda is still here."

"I will, King T'Challa," Mary replies.
=====

"Oh, no, what happened?" Clint asks as his wife enters.

"I watched Bucky turn to ash," Mary whispers.

Clint splurged forward and he hugs his wife as she begins to crush. Luckily, Laura has Clark and Rosalie is napping. He holds his wife close and he inhales her welcoming scent.