Chapter 6

Bruce wakes up first in human form. He looks around and finds Mary, her suit off and she's in her other clothes now. She's hurt but she's awake. Bruce looks up at the ceiling they fell through. Bruce is completely naked. A security guard is standing there, amazed.

"You two fell out of the sky," the guard says.

"Did I hurt anybody?" Bruce asks as Mary manages to make her way off the pile of rubble.

"There's nobody around here to hurt," the security guard replies. "You did scare the hell out of some pigeons, though."

"Lucky," Bruce mutters as he sits up.

"Or just good aim," the guard says. "You were awake when you fell."

"You saw?" Mary and Bruce ask together as she reaches into her bag she always carries since she found out about the green man and tosses some pants to Bruce. He stands and puts them on and grabs a shirt from her.

"The whole thing, through the ceiling," the guard says. "Big and green and buck ass nude with a stunning woman. It's a good thing she carries your size."

"Yeah," Bruce replies. "She takes care of me."

"Are you aliens?" The guard asks.

Bruce and Mary share a look and look at the security guard. "What?" They both ask.

"From outer space, aliens?"

"No," Bruce replies for them both.

"Well then, son, you've got good condition," the guard states. "You broke her fall."

That explains why Bruce's body aches from more than the fall. But he's glad he did or Mary would be more hurt.
~~~

Meanwhile in the helicarrier medical room, Natasha is watching Clint. He is strapped down and he's trying to shake off Loki's mind control. No one has told him Mary's there. He didn't recognize her when under Loki's control but he thought he did. He just thinks Loki put her there in his head.

"Clint, you're gonna be alright," Natasha says to her friend.

"You know what?" Clint looks at her. "Is that what you know? I got... I gotta go in though. I gotta flush him out."

"We don't have that long," Nat says, "it's gonna take time."

"You don't understand," Clint claims. "Have you ever had someone take your brain and play? Pull you out and send something else in? Do you know what it's like to be unmade?"

"You know I do," Natasha replies.

"Why am I back?" The archer asks. "How did you get him out?"

"Cognitive recalibration," Natasha says; her plan was to use Mary but she's somewhere on Earth now, hopefully alive. "I hit you really hard in the head."

"Thanks," Clint says and she undoes the restraints. "Tasha, how many agents?"

"Don't," Natasha scolds. "Don't do that to yourself, Clint. This is Loki. This is monsters and magic and nothing we were ever trained for."

"Loki, he got away?" Clint asks as he sits up, he touches his head.

"Yeah," Nat replies. "I don't suppose you know where?"

"I didn't need to know. I didn't ask," Clint admits. "He's gonna make his play soon though. Today."

"We gotta stop him."

"Yeah?" The archer raises his eyebrows. "Who's we?"

"I don't know," Natasha admits. "Whoever's left."

"If I put an arrow in Loki's eye socket, I'd sleep better I suppose," Clint says.

"Now you sound like you," Clint says. "But you don't. You're a spy, not a soldier. Now you want to wade into war. Why? What did Loki do to you?"

"He didn't, I just..." Nat lauded.

Clint's eyes soften. "Natasha."

"I've been compromised," she says. "I got red in my ledger. I'd like to wipe it out."

"Can I ask you something?" Clint asks and she nods. "Before you got me back, did I see Mary?" He asks and Nat looks at him. "I couldn't place her until now."

Natasha nods. "Purple suit?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah, that was Mary, or Screaming Woman as Fury calls her," Nat replies.

"Is she here?" Clint asks, his eyes full of hope.

"She and Hulk plummeted to earth after a blast to the jet," Nat replies and Clint deflates. "I'm remaining hopeful that she's okay."

"What did HYDRA do to her?" He whispers.

"They injected her with two serums, she was their successful hybrid experiment, her brother helped her escape," Nat says. "She's a banshee and a siren. Dr. Banner helped her control it."

Clint closes his eyes. "I saw her but I didn't know her."

"She spoke to Fury about sticking around somehow," Nat says and Clint opens his eyes. "I'm sure you'll see her again..."

"... if she's alive."

Nat nods.

"If she's alive."