Route One

Cora and Kilala were walking along Route 1 which was the path that led right to Viridian City. Before heading to the city, Cora wanted to catch some Pokémon. She made sure that when she reached Pewter City she would sign up for the Indigo League and challenged Brock. Kenji and Jackal could easily go against his Geodude and Onix. But Cora wanted to get some water Pokémon as well, just in case.

Then they heard the sound of flapping wings and looked up to see a Pidgey landed on a tree branch. But it looked bigger to the normal ones she had seen. She took out her Rotom Phone.

[Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokémon. A Normal and Flying type. Pidgey usually doesn't like to battle, but it won't hesitate to attack if provoked. Note: This Pidgey is larger than the normal Pidgey]

"Kilala, use Thunder Shock!" Cora ordered.

Kilala launched her attack towards Pidgey who was soon blasted by the attack. The Pidgey fell out of the tree and onto the ground, paralyzed. Cora threw a Pokéball at the Flying-type Pokémon and was sucked inside the Pokéball. It wiggled for a few seconds and then 'dinged' which meant a successful capture.

"Yes! We got a Pidgey!" Cora cheered along with Kilala.

"Espeon!" Kilala cheered.

"Okay, let's find some more Pokémon. How about we rest near the river so that we can heal our new friend and do some fishing?" Cora suggested.

"Espeon. (Sounds like a good idea.)" Kilala agreed.

=============================

They arrived near a river where Cora released Pidgey who she named 'Gail'. She used a healing potion to get rid of her paralysis and gave her an Oran berry for energy. Cora introduced herself and her Pokémon.

"How about you guys relax while I try to catch some Water Pokémon?" Cora suggested.

"Espeon (Okay)." Kilala smiled.

"But try to be a little quiet while I fish, okay?" Cora asked.

"Froakie. (No problem.)" Kenji assured her.

============================

A couple minutes had gone by since Cora started fishing, but no bite.

"(Any luck?)" Jackal asked.

Cora shook her head, "Not a bite." Suddenly she felt a tug, "Now I do!"

All of the Pokémon ran up to her as she pulled hard on the line and out came a Magikarp. It blinked at her as she stared at it.

Cora gasped, "A Magikarp! A Shiny one too!"

Magikarp just blinked at her.

Cora took out her Rotom Phone:

[Magikarp, the Fish Pokémon. A Water Type. With neither strength nor speed, Magikarp is thought to be the weakest Pokémon of all. Note: This different coloration indicates that this Pokémon is a shiny Pokémon.]

"Hey Magikarp, would you like to battle?" Cora suggested.

Magikarp blinked and then nodded with determination.

"Kilala, want to battle?" Cora asked.

Kilala nodded, "Espeon! (Yeah!)" He stood in front of Cora.

"Kilala, use Thunder Shock!" Cora ordered.

Kilala launched her electric attack at Magikarp who was instantly paralyzed and fainted from the attack. Cora quickly threw a Pokéball at Magikarp and it was sucked inside. It wiggled for a moment and dinged. Cora picked up the Pokéball.