Mt. Moon

Cora, Alain, Mairin and their Pokémon were on their way to Cerulean City.

"According to my PokéNav, we're headed to Mt. Moon where we'll pass onto Cerulean City." Alain informed Cora and Mairin as the gang were walking along the path to Cerulean City.

Cora remembered what had happened in the episode with the Clefairy. She wondered if it would be a different kind of plot twist in this part. She hoped to catch a Clefairy and a Sandshrew at Mt. Moon.

"Mt. Moon?" Mairin asked.

"From what I know, a very long time ago a meteor crashed into that mountain. The meteor is called the Moonstone." Cora replied.

"Moonstone? What's that?" Mairin asked.

"It's an evolutionary stone," Alain replied and glanced at Mairin, "I thought you were listening when dad was talking about the Moonstone."

Mairin chuckled nervously as Chespie sighed. "So what Pokémon can evolve with the Moonstone?" She asked.

"It turns a Clefairy into a Cleffable, Jigglypuff into Wigglytuff, Munna into Musharna." Cora replied.

"Nidorina into Nidoqueen, Nidorino into Nidoking, and Skitty into Delcatty." Alain added.

"Wow. Now I want to find a Skitty. It sounds like a cute Pokémon." Mairin beamed.

"I'm afraid you'll find that kind of Pokémon in the Hoenn region, Mairin." Cora pointed out.

Mairin pouted at that fact.

=======================

Soon enough, they arrived at Mt. Moon.

"Here it is. Mt. Moon." Cora said.

"Let's go then." Alain added.

The three brought out their flashlights and went down a path in the cave.

========================

At least an hour later, the three managed to catch some Pokémon as they walked. Alain caught a Zubat, Mairin caught a Paras and Cora caught a Sandshrew. They also found a few Moonstones that were lying around. Soon enough, they came out of the cave and decided to take a break. Cora brought out the food for the Pokémon and Alain brought out some snacks for them to eat. Halfway through, Cora sensed a presence nearby.

"You can come out. We won't harm you." Cora called out.

The bushes rustled for a second and a Pokémon appeared; a Clefairy.

"Wow, a real Clefairy." Mairin said.

Cora took out her Rotom phone and scanned the Pokémon.

[Clefairy. This impish Pokémon is friendly and peaceful. It is believed to live inside Mt. Moon, although very few have ever been seen by humans.]

"Look what it's carrying," Alain pointed out, "It's a Moonstone."

"Are you hungry? We have some food to share." Cora offered.

The Clefairy looked at the bowl of food and back at the group. Kilala nudged her bowl towards the Clefairy. It stared at it for a moment and took a piece and placed it in its mouth. Then Clefairy smiled at the taste.

"Looks like Clefairy likes your food, Cora." Alain commented.

"It seems so." Cora agreed, smiled.

========================