12. Warming up

Hyunjin

"Hyung, where will you stay?" I heard Felix ask to Inyeop hyung. "I don't know yet."

I looked up from my phone and towards Inyeop hyung. "Why? Did you run away?" I found myself asking him.

He hesitated a little before answering, "Yeah. You can say that."

I squinted my eyes in confusion, "Why did you do it, hyung?" Felix nodded, agreeing with my question.

"It's a long story kids, maybe some other time I'll tell you guys." I rolled my eyes, "Were you not interested in acting anymore?"

Felix stopped me, "There might've been some scandal." Inyeop hyung shook his head. "Neither of them are the reason."

My face twisted in annoyence.

"Don't you trust me?" I asked.

"I do, but, I don't want to burden you, really." Inyeop reasoned. I sighed. Felix started, "Sometimes opening up to your close one helps you release worries, it doesn't burden anyone." He added, "if anyone is a third person here, it's me."

"You guys can talk, I'll go do some chores." He said and hyung nodded.

"Thank you, Felix." I said to him. He shot me a wink which almost made me blush. "No problem, Jinnie."

Then, he went out of the room, closing the door. I turned to Inyeop hyung.

"Tell me now." I said, my voice serious. Inyeop chuckled, "Hyunjin-ah. You needn't to be worried about my worries. Just worry about your life. You know how dad is, right?" My face twisted in confusion. "What is the context?"

"I saw the way you look at that boy. I saw the way you act when he's around." I opened my mouth to deny but, "I wasn't born last night, Hyunjin."

"So, tell me. Since when do you like him?"

I felt a little ashamed or awkward to be discussing my love life with my older brother who wasn't present in my life for how long I don't know and just showed up.

"At first sight, to be honest." I tried to suppress the growing blush on my cheeks and ears. But when Inyeop 'ooh-ed', with a teasing smirk, I really lost it there.

"Stop it hyung~" I hid myself. Hyung laughed shortly and then put his usual warm face on.

"What about confessing? Did you do it?" I shook my head.

"You should do it before it's too late." He warned. I wanted to tell him that I was already confessing today. But when the thought crossed my mind, I found myself panicking.

"What's wrong, Hyunjin?" Hyung asked noticing the obvious panick look on my face and I could just shook my head in denial. "Nothing hyung."

"That doesn't look like nothing, but I'll let it pass." Hyung chuckled. Ofcourse you should!

"So, how's Yeji and mom?" He decided to change the topic and I was very much glad he did. "They're doing good. You may or may not be surprised but," I paused for his reaction.

"What?" He asked in a curious tone, "She debuted!" I announced to him as he squealed. "Oh god, really?!" I nodded dangerously fast that it felt like I'd end up with a broken neck, but fortunately I didn't.

"Oh, oh, what company? What group? Or a soloist?" He kept on throwing questions to me as I showed him my palm gesturing him to calm down.

I was about to ask him to talk her about it himself, but I bit my tounge.

She's already busy enough with her schedule, I don't want to burden her with the news since I don't know how will she react.

"She's in a group called ITZY, under JYPE entertainment. You know that company?"