16. Apologises for what?

Hyunjin

I was driving when the kiss flashed in my mind again. Yup, we had kissed earlier today and I still felt his touch lingering on my lips.

Just then my phone rang.

Father flashed on the screen. Exactly what I needed to ruin my mood. Sighing, I parked into a distance and a place where I wouldn't have to pay a fine for parking.

I picked up the call. "Hello?"

"Where are you, Hwang Hyunjin?" I rolled my eyes before answering, "None of your damn business, dad."

Then he chuckled on the other line.

"Fine then, I'll have someone else tell me your whereabouts." I could already feel him smirking. A nasty smirk which I wish to tear off his face someday, but I know that I won't be able to go against him.

"Are you sending your stupid spys to spy on me? Oh, you can go on. I don't give a damn." I end the call immediately.

I needed to be at home fast. Well because that man is unpredictable, he could do anything wrong to my mother and I surely won't stand it.

• • •

I stepped into the huge mansion, cannot call home. I saw Father seated on the couch, the same spot where he always sits.

I muttered a "I'm home" and proceeded to walk upstairs, until the same annoying voice called me.

"Yes?" I tried to polite to him, even though it's all fake and both of us are aware of it. He cracked a smile which annoyed me more.

"Come here, Hyunjin." I internally rolled my eyes but still went to the man. "Yes, father?"

He then takes my hands and rubs them. "What're you doing father?" I say, getting more agitated.

The old man cracks a smile before speaking, "Hyunjin-ah, promise me that you would not do anything to provoke me further?" I couldn't help but chuckle at him, "Father. How could I promise you such a thing when whatever I do, provokes you?" The old man gritted his teeth in anger. "You know what I can do to your mother right?

Now, it was getting out of my limit. I would have punched him if he weren't my father.

I removed my hands from his grip with a jerk. "You know I could punch you right now on your face, but you should be grateful that I don't hit elderly people." After that, I went to my room.

• • •

I was seated with a stack of papers with upcoming designs on them. It's been a while since I've worked, feels good.

But this was certainly an excuse for me to meet up with Felix. Oh I had to.

After what we did outside his apartment, got me confused. Did he accept my proposal?

Soon, lunch time came over and I headed toward my favourite place ; the cafe.

I was searching for the Australian when I spotted their manager coming out of the cabin. I made my way towards the man.

"Hello." I greeted him, he jumped a little before laughing, "Ah, oh, Hello. Sorry, didn't see you there."

I faked a laugh. "It's okay. By the way, is Felix working today?" The manager nodded, "Yeah, he is." Then he eyed me.

"Who are you, to him?" This is the point where I got nervous. Exactly. What was I to him?

"I-I, I am his friend." I smiled lightly at the young manager. He seemed unconvinced at first but then nodded and bid me bye before resuming where he was going.