14. Jisung's brother

Hyunjin

After I walked out of Felix's apartment, I decided to call up Jisung for a meet, since he left hurriedly after getting a call.

I dialed his number and pressed the device to my ear. It rang a few times, then it took me to the voice mail.

I ended without a message, because, I was worried. Jisung would never let the call go to voice mail, even if it did go on accident, he was the type to ring immediately.

I tried dialing him once again, but it took me to voice mail after a few rings again.

I repeated it again and, again.

Until I got frustrated and decided to drive to his place instead. "Thank god, the car has two keys." Yeonjun hyung had forgotten to hand me the key before leaving.

But, I had another key. Two keys for one car, peculiar right? But, I guess, that's how I am.

I knocked on Jisung's door but no response, then I saw the lock hanging on his door. Okay, dumb of me to do that.

The main question was, did Jisung go anywhere? Without telling me? That's very peculiar of him, if he did that. We've been friends for how long and, he never once left for somewhere without letting me know, since I'd be worried about him.

Then I saw a woman, in her mid 40's walking to the door next to Jisung's and opening it with her key. I hesitated for a second before going up to her and ask if she knew where was Jisung.

"Hello, ma'am. Good evening." I greeted her as she looked at me and did the same. "Have you, perhaps, seen Jisung anywhere? The one that lives here?" I said pointing towards his door.

The woman replied, "Oh yes, yes Jisung. He came in rushing the late afternoon and then rushed out after locking the door." I nodded at her and thanked her and she minded her buisness again.

So, the boy really went somewhere. But, he wouldn't just go somewhere in a rush.

I looked at my phone, wanting to ring him again but I knew it would take me to the voice mail again, so no use.

I needed to know where was he. Where could he possibly go at the late afternoon and not return until 6PM in the evening!

"Han Jisung, just wait until I find you." I sighed in frustration and run my fingers through my hair, in attempt to calm down.

I looked through my contacts and tried to find someone who could help me. Anyone.

But no one came into my mind. No one who could possibly know where the boy is right now.

I sat in my car, trying to think of a destination he would go to. But nothing at this point came into my mind.

As if on cue, my phone rang and an unknown number flashed on the screen.

I groaned, "I swear to lord, if this is some fucking advertising call.." I picked it up and an awfully familiar voice greeted me.

"Hyunjin." He said, I didn't knew I was holding back a breath until I spoke, "You piece of shit."

Cursing was the first thing that came into my mind. Then, "Where are you? I am looking here and there for you, worried, exhausted, hungry, tired and you just greet me with my name?" I wanted to scold him so so so bad.

How dare that piece of shit not call me once to inform me about himself?

I scolded him more, only to receive silence from the other line. "Hello?" I spoke, confirming that I wasn't talking to myself.

"I'm here, at the p-police station." He answered in a small voice. He added, "Can you come?" I immediately answered yes and asked him for the location before starting the engine and heading there.