17. Lee's sudden dispersal

(Seventeen Yup - PrettyU)
Ahem anyway-

_________________

Felix

Okay. I wasn't feeling normal after the sudden acceptance from my side. And after that, I've been kissed five times already.

Actually it has been a week.

"Oi Felix. What's wrong, you're spacing out mate." Lily, one of my co-workers, also like my bestfriend asked. She's two years younger than me.

I shook my head. "No. Nothing." Lily eyed me for a second before walking off to the tables, wiping them.

It was still very early in the morning, nearly 7:30 AM, so there were few handful of staff inside. Chan wasn't here yet, I've observed that he'd often enter either two minutes before Seungmin or two minutes after Seungmin.

Everything was suspicious.

Just then the front door chimed open, revealing the manager. I, Lily and the other staff who noticed him, bowed to him.

He reciprocated the greeting with a gentle smile before jogging in my direction.

"Felix, let's talk." What did I do?
I followed the older into his cabin and he told me to take a seat.

"Boss, are you firing me or something?" I asked him straightly, still feeling very anxious. Chan laughed at it lightly. "Oh no no, rather I'm handing over a big responsibility to you." He said, a big smile plastered on his face, while I was getting more and more anxious.

"Huh?"

"Manage this cafe for me." He said and I choked. "What?!"

Chan nodded slowly, "Well. You heard it." I furrowed my brows, "But boss? Why? Is everything alright-" Chan laughed again, cutting me off.

"Everything is just perfect. Okay, I am going to tell you this, but please act like you do not know anything." I nodded slowly, confused.

"Seungmin and I are in a relationship." He confessed and I just almost fell off my chair. "Oh, my, god! Are you serious?!" The older nodded. "Yeah.. and we're pretty serious."

I let out a squeak of excitement. "Congratulations, mate!"

There was this beautiful sweet smile of his, decorating his features. "Thank you so much Felix." He said in english. Then he wore his super serious face again.

"Okay so.. will you be able to take care of this, while I am not here?" My face twisted with confusion again. "Why?"

"Uh. We, I and Seungmin, are leaving for Jeju Island."

"Only for two days, though." Chan added. I nodded. "Yeah. Alright then."
Chan smiled brightly at me, "Thank you so much! I knew I could trust you!" We had a bros moment and then I left him there to go back to my job.

My part time duty as the temporary manager of this cafe starts tomorrow.

• • •

"Guess what, Hyunjin!" I yelled through the rectangular device. "Mmm? What happened?" My boyfriend said, calmly.

Overflowing with excitement, I struggled to speak as I squeaked, "I am going to manage the cafe for two days!"