22. Thank you, sister!

Hyunjin

"Sit down, sir."

Looking behind me, I saw at least two to three masked people with guns pointed at us. I sat down obediently on the chair provided.

"I reckon my father sent you." Glaring at the men, I said with a stern tone. Mr. Lee whispered from behind me, "Hyunjin, please quiet down. They're dangerous."

Ignoring him I continued to speak. "I'll acknowledge your silence as a yes. Very well."

The man in the front pointed his gun at my head. "Smart. Well then, I suppose since you're so smart, Mr. Hwang," he pulled the trigger, "ㅡ you'd stop chit-chattering and stay put, given the circumstances."

"You wish," As I was getting up, one of them said something which made me halt.

"Of course, you can make an effort to escape if you want your older brother to rot where he is."

"Where is he?"

The masked guy laughed. "D'you think we're going to answer that one?" I rolled my eyes.

Figuring out I have to stay put until I can think of something, I remained quiet.

But that wasn't for long.

"Where ㅡ er ㅡ are my friends?" I asked cautiously. "Sorry to say, but you can't meet them."

I raised an eyebrow at the man, "The hell?"

He was about to answer but then the door barged open and in came my father.

"Hello, Hyunjin." He said on entering as if he knew I would be there. "Father,"

He then smirked his infamous nasty smirk, "Oh I knew you'd escape."

Scoffing at the man I said, "And I knew you had a major role in this whole situation."

Mr. Lee stayed quiet the whole time. I was certain he was plotting something so I didn't put my mind to it and instead, I tried to communicate slowly with them.

"Told you to stay away from those filthy people," He said, making a fake pitied face.

"ㅡ You didn't listen to me, now see yourself."

I didn't react to him. Hearing someone pull the trigger, I looked up in horror. "Wha ㅡ you're going to kill your son?"

As much as I didn't like the terrified tone of mine, I had to admit that I was afraid. Mr. Lee was not responding either.

Father only smiled with a glint of sympathy. "There's still time, you won't have to die if you side with me."

"Side with you? Have you lost your mind?" I said, anger building inside me.

He wore a merciless look and pointed the gun at my forehead. "Very well then," Closing my eyes, I got ready for what was about to come and that's when the door burst open.

Unlike what I thought that there would come more men of his, I saw the Hans coming in but instead of having a tense expression, as I assumed, they were looking angry.

With them, came a few policemen. I looked at Mr Lee and he looked relieved. Father was looking tense.

"Officer, arrest him!" Jisung pointed at father and they came forward.

Father held up his hands in defense. "Officer, what the hell are you doing?"

The policeman coolly said, "We are simply doing what is right, Mr. Hwang, you're coming with us." Father hauled back, "You cannot arrest me without an arrest warrant, sir!"