20. Bloody murder

Hyunjin

Closing the last file, I heaved out a breath. It has been exactly a week from the day we had met Prosecutor Lee and today, was the day Baekhee Seo would sit and talk with us.

Hearing a soft knock, I fixed myself before permitting the person to come in. The door clicked open, revealing Yeonjun.

"Sir, are you leaving now?" He asked and I gave him a simple nod.

He walked towards my table and leaned over it. I assumed he had something very important and secretive to say..

He looked around before whispering. "Be careful, please. Your father is very dangerous and I do hope you're aware of it." Then, he leaned back.

I shook my head before leaving the office.

Upon arriving at the prosecutor's office, I and the Han brothers looked at eachother and smiled. "Let's go in." I said and led the way.

On entering the meeting room, we met with a very frustrated Prosecutor Lee.

"What's wrong, Mr Lee?" Ji-han asked, nervously and to be honest, I kind of felt it too.

The said man looked up at us with pity in his eyes ㅡ especially towards Ji-han.

Not understanding any of these gestures, I say, almost frustrated, "Please tell us. We don't understand any of your gestures."

Prosecutor Lee nodded, then after a minute or so, he said something which shook us all. "Baekhee Seo was found dead at her apartment, this morning."

I felt my world spinning. Baekhee Seo was dead. The only source of our answer was dead.

"Do you have the details?" The younger Han, Jisung, asked, trembling alot.

Prosecutor Lee nodded, "Yes. She was murdered."

A bloody murder. "ㅡ Who would do that? And, why would they do that?" Jisung inquired.

Ji-han mumbled something under his breath that I failed to catch.

Mr Lee shrugged his shoulders. "It's the person who framed Mr Han."

"Makes sense." I said, mind drifting back to the conversation I eavesdropped from my father's study, a week ago.

"We are investigating, don't worry." He said in a reassuring tone. "Mr Lee, could my father be a suspect?"

The said man turned to me with a shocked face. "Are you accsuing your father for murdering and blackmailing Ms Seo?" I nodded, confirming what I had just said. There was no hitch in assuming my father had sent people to murder her because she was going to reveal his name.

Mr Lee nodded slowly, "Well then, we will take it into consideration and interrogate h ㅡ"

"ㅡ He will never reveal that way, if he did something and I'm very certain that he has a part in this, even if it's a very small part."

The man sighed, "What d'you want to do then?" I thought for a while, "I know just, what to do."

With a smirk, I told them my plans.