1 - the warmest leather jacket

SUMMARY: Derek helps you get home safely after a party

WARNINGS: use of alcohol, cursing

If you want to request anything, you can totally write it in the comments. I'll be working on my own ideas too and posting them. I do not write smut, but somewhat suggestive content, but I mostly prefer fluff. I hope you enjoy it! :)

***

''No, Max, I want the walk

''No, Max, I want the walk. I've got my music,'' you flailed your arms and shook your head, taking your white earphones out and showing them to your friend.

Your friend, more correctly - the person you had come to this party with, raised an eyebrow and tilted her head.

''We can squeeze you in if Nate moves his fat ass,'' Max looked inside the car and back at you with a hopeful tone.

''Excuse me, my ass is-'' Max's friend tried to protest, but you had already made up your mind, interrupting him.

''Yeah, yeah!'' you replied in a relaxed voice and nodded a few times, regretting that choice immediately. ''I want the walk. It should take me, like, fifteen minutes to get back.''

The thing about most college parties that you attend in your first year of college is that you don't know at least eighty percent of the people. Even the few people that you knew had gone off to their friends, boyfriends, and girlfriends, or found themselves already on a ride back home. You, unfortunately, did none of that, as your usual pack of friends were at home.

''All right then... BYE!'' Max waved and you saluted to your friend, putting on your earphones, and then checking your pockets. Quite a responsible habit for a person who felt slightly too tipsy.

It had rained sometime during the day in Beacon Hills, but most of the road had already dried up. But on the first cold day of October, you felt taken aback by the unexpected coldness around you. The college house party had, of course, been much sweatier and airless.

Perhaps it was the loneliness that came with walking back from a party completely alone at two in the morning, but you started to feel strange after a few minutes. Not even the sound of Green Day could make you feel welcomed while ghosting down the dimly lit street.

You took one earphone out, having heard a faint scream. Swiftly moving your head around and not caring about the dizziness it gave you, your eyes landed on a house to the left.

Just an afterparty. You wondered if they were the same people from the party you had gone to for a few seconds before turning your eyes back to the street and continuing your walk.

''Fuck...'' you muttered and ran your cold hand down your face. Your nose was almost frozen and you wished that you had worn at least a sports hoodie underneath your denim jacket. Opening your eyes, you realized that one of your weaknesses came into play yet again. You were slightly lost. Just slightly, as you tried to tell yourself.