9 - electric vigilance

SUMMARY: Derek and the others come to support your small concert in a nearby club, but things don't go quite as planned, so he turns to his protective side.

WARNINGS: cursing, violence, alcohol consumption

***

The two of you had been together for almost a year. You had gotten to know Derek from all sides, as you two spent a lot of time together. You knew that Derek didn't change much during the full moon usually. That was until one very eventful night.

''I swear to God, I put the red one right on THIS CHAIR!'' you exclaimed, rummaging around the loft for your favorite guitar pick, which you happened to use last night to rehearse before the concert.

''I'm looking in the kitchen,'' Derek yelled back and laughed from the other room.

''WHY IN THE KITCHEN?'' you laughed back at him, widening your eyes and slightly flailing your arms in annoyance.

''Because you always leave them everywhere,''

You didn't reply to Derek's true statement. You had numerous guitar picks and although you usually tried to keep track of them, some of them got lost once in a while.

''Please just use your cute werewolf powers and smell them or something,'' you said desperately. ''I need to leave in like 2-''

''Got it!'' Derek announced happily and jumped out of the kitchen, landing right in front of you.

You remained silent for a second, bit your lip, and leaned in to kiss him as a thank you.

''It was literally-,'' Derek explained and eyed you, as you walked away to put the guitar pick in your bag.

''Don't even-'' you interrupted him.

''Right beside the kettle,'' he continued.

You  turned around and eyed him, but, since it was Derek, couldn't contain  the small smile that appeared on your face after just seconds

You turned around and eyed him, but, since it was Derek, couldn't contain the small smile that appeared on your face after just seconds.

The club was usually packed with people on Fridays and, as the group had promised, your friends would arrive too, all supporting your act. It wasn't usual that your group could perform there in front of people. And even though rock music wasn't their favorite, they had just arrived to watch your concert.

''Move your ass, Liam. We have a few minutes,'' Derek said, ordering everyone to get out of the car.

Soon, Derek's car emptied, and met with the others who had driven with Stiles.

''Nice flowers...'' Lydia complimented.

Derek looked at the red roses wrapped in the white parchment and smiled.

''Maybe a bit too cheesy for a rock concert?'' Stiles wondered and Lydia pinched him in the side.

''No,'' she proudly replied. ''She'll love them.''