5 - just the (perfect) person | part 1

SUMMARY: You are staying with your cousin Lydia while off college for a week. Just when the group needs a little help, you're there to save them, instantly catching a werewolf's gaze.

WARNINGS: none

***

You were used to countless hours of studying, swimming with books, getting only a few hours of sleep, and running on coffee. That didn't mean that you didn't want to enjoy a few days off and go to a place where none of the things you worried about would harm you.

Natalie <3 park in the garage, love <3

You read your aunt's text message and pulled up to the familiar street. You were pleased to spend more time with that side of your family, as yours were slightly messier. Plus, there was always something to talk about with Lydia, as the two of you were somewhat close in age.

''No WAY!'' you heard Lydia's familiar squeal of a voice when you stepped out of the car.

She instantly wrapped her arms around you, you hugging her back.

''I'm so happy to see you! It's been almost a year!'' your cousin exclaimed and you laughed.

''I know!'' you replied happily. ''And every time I show up you just become more beautiful and beautiful.''

''Well, we all got it from grandma,'' Lydia winked at you proudly.

Lydia, her mother, and you were always praised for your beauty. All three of you were swarmed by boys growing up and the same continued in college for you.

''How's the third year?'' Natalie asked when the three of you ate dinner.

''Makes me want to die, actually,'' you huffed, answering. ''Way harder than the second year... lots of reading and writing, staying up all night.''

''It's good you both inherited brains... makes me proud of you,'' Natalie answered, looking at both you and Lydia. ''You're hard workers as well as talented.''

Lydia's mom treated you as her own child whenever you visited or when you were away. She never judged your passion for reading and studying somewhat of a dead language. To them, you didn't have to explain that Latin wasn't a dead language. They just understood. Hell, you didn't have to explain why any of the strange historical and language things you studied were important.

After the long drive, you were waiting to crawl into the bed that always awaited you in the Martin house. Lydia helped you change the bedsheets, as you two chatted.

''So... how are things with Jackson? Last time we talked... it, uh, wasn't that good,'' you asked, flipping the pillows.

''Oh, we-'' Lydia began. You could instantly tell that it bothered her. In fact, you could tell that she had changed. The last time you visited was before her tenth grade. ''we're not together anymore. He moved to London.''

''London?'' you asked with wonder. ''Wow... why though?''

''Didn't feel like Beacon Hills had anything to offer to him anymore,'' Lydia explained and you nodded.

''Is there anyone new? Someone who's caught your eye?'' you asked with a smirk to which Lydia blushed.

''There's Aiden... he's cute,''

''Dating?''

''Kind of,'' Lydia shyly replied.

The two of you always talked about the guys you liked, dated, and all sorts of things. Although you got along with Jackson, you never fully liked him. And although you could see that it had left some mark on Lydia, you were glad to see her with someone else.