Chapter 17

There was a sudden flurry of movement as Jah stood up properly from his seat, then tried to go out, he apparently was trying to go after Ken.

Alli grabbed Jah's wrist. "Where are you going?"

"Pupuntahan ko si Ken, he must've misunderstood." Justin said absentmindedly. "I'm going to go and explain to him na—"

"And tell him what exactly?" Alli's head was aching now.

Justin opened and closed his mouth, but no words came out.

"Sit down Jah... we both know na you can't tell him about kuya Josh... And we can't make up a story because you and I are awful liars... I-I'll just talk to him... soon." Alli said, but his heart was pounding.

It looked bad... Alli had delayed weeklong plans nila ni Ken kasi he had something important come up... Then Ken saw him leisurely eating lunch with Justin...

From Ken's point of view, it must look like Alli ignored him for someone else.

"Let's just go home... I... I think I need to Rest." Alli informed Justin.

Justin immediately stood up, but he kept glancing at Alli, concern on his face, as they left.

*********************

          Alli thought at most, the issue would last a few days. But he was wrong... Ken was pointedly ignoring him. They haven't talked for almost a week now. And when they were all together, both of them were just quiet, and Ken would either be scrolling on his phone, reading a book, scribbling on his music sheet, or sleeping.

Someone had to initiate and speak first... But given both their personalities, they would both be waiting forever.

Alli was sitting in his art class with Justin, the period was almost over and he was counting the minutes.

"Alli..."

Why was life so complicated? Alli never had to deal with these problems before, being alone had its perks.

"Alli!"

Alli jumped on his seat.

"Hmmm?" He turned to Justin who looked concerned.

"Tapos na ang klase." Justin pointed around; the room was empty.

"I'm getting worried... Ken hasn't talked to you properly for weeks... Maybe I should just tell him everything." Justin said guiltily.

Alli sighed. "It's not your fault Jah... It was my decision to lie... I just didn't want to disappoint him too much. I mean... we planned that outing for a week... And I messed it up."

Justin looked at Alli worriedly.

"I should've known..."

"My decisions are always bad." Alli finished, rubbing his temple.

"Don't say that... Your decisions couldn't have been all that bad." Justin patted Alli's shoulder.

"I kissed him." Alli said calmly, looking at Justin full in the eyes.

"W-whaaatt?!" Justin's chair shook. "Kailan? Anong nangyari?"

"Noong new year..." Alli said guiltily. He rubbed his face with both his hands.

"D-does he? ..." Jah quirked an eyebrow uncertainly.

"No... I don't think he does... He was very drunk." Alli replied.