Chapter 37

Alli was debating in his head what to do next...

         Should he invest in Ken instead? He had more money than all of them combined. Because of his two international chart breaking songs... He had more money than he could spend in a lifetime, plus his holdings in the Philippines which had remained untouched for three years, and not to mention, yung trust fund niya.

         But that would still be damaging, if hindi i-aadress yung mga investors ni Ken... There was nothing more damaging than bitter rich men who were cut out of a deal.

They would make rumours, hire people to ruin Ken.

         Ken didn't want anyone to know. Not even Stell. He would hate it kung malaman niya na alam ni Alli.

         Besides, Ken wouldn't accept his money... That was just who he was.

         As he sat on the grab backseat thinking of ways, plans upon plans... Every idea he had, ended in a dead end. And Alli was getting more miserable and miserable by the second. Each scenario that failed in his head made him more desperate.

         Why? Just why? Why is it that nothing seemed to work?

         Slowly... he resigned himself to the fact that it was futile...He was just deflecting and denying the one factor that he had been avoiding all night... Him.

         Take him away from the equation, and the math just works. Take Alli away, and Ken is out of trouble.

         Take him away, and the problem goes away.

Alli looked at his reflection in the Uber window, as the Manila skyline zoomed past...

         When Alli entered the Penthouse, Stell already knew something was wrong. Alli wasn't with Ken, and his face was blank... Devoid of emotion.

         "Kuya." Alli sat down on the couch. "Would you hate me if tumuloy ako sa UK?"

Stell's face looked shocked, but he quickly wiped it off.

         "Of course not... I would never." Stell said warily.

         Alli smiled. "Thanks... at least that's one less person."

         "What do you mean one less person?" Stell asked worriedly.

         "Because I know Ken would hate me."

The grief in Alli's eyes made Stell flinch.

"Ano ba nangyari? Akala ko ok na ang lahat? We were all even laughing our hearts out earlier."

"Wala naman talaga nagbago sa plano. My flight was still the day after tomorrow." Alli lied.

"Di naman ako magagalet sa'yo if umalis ka... Pero, malulungkot ako." Stell's eyes betrayed him by dropping tears without his permission. He quickly wiped them away.

"I'm sorry." Alli's voice was barely a whisper. He couldn't look at Stell.

Kung makita niya kuya niya umiiyak dahil sa kanya... It would be too much. Two heartbreaks in one night, would kill him.

"Don't say sorry... Everything will be fine... I know everything will be fine." Stell sounded like he was convincing himself.

"Mag usap muna kayo kung ano man yan." Stell picked up his phone and wallet. "I'll leave. Mag usap kayo ng maayos."

Alli looked at Stell's retreating figure.

There was nothing to fix.

Before Stell could open the door, it opened by itself. Revealing a smiling Ken.