Chapter 18

"Alli, we need to talk...properly." Stell said pagdating nila sa condo.

Alli had wanted to delay this 'talk' as much as possible, but nothing gets past Stell it seems.

But before anything, nag luto muna si Stell. They had a quiet dinner... neither one of them talked. Alli washed the dishes, and Stell cleaned where he can, in the kitchen, they moved like clockwork out of habit.

Pagkatapos non umupo na sa living room couch si Alli, at tumabi si Stell sa kanya.

After a few moments of silence, Stell couldn't take it anymore, so he broke the silence first.

"Ano ibig mong sabihin you're giving up?" Stell asked.

"It means just like it sounds... I'm giving up on my feelings for Ken." Alli intertwined his fingers on his lap, twiddling and playing with them.

"You know, when you have problems you can talk to me right?" Stell looked at Alli worriedly. "Please don't try to carry these things alone... Kapatid mo ako... and parehas nating kaibigan ang pinag-uusapan dito." Stell rubbed his temples.

"Was this because nag-away kayo these past few weeks?"

Alli looked at Stell, surprised... Of course, Stell knew... he knew Alli more than anyone, he just didn't butt-in.

For once, Alli's calm demeanor wavered.

"Partly yes, partly no." Alli sighed.

"Dispense with the riddles... Talk to me properly." Stell said kindly, yet also authoritatively.

"I... I-I'm afraid kuya..." Alli said quietly, almost whispering.

When Alli said that, Stell's face softened.

"Nung nag away kami... I realized Ken's presence was like a drug to me... I was addicted." Alli explained further.

"Nung di niya ako kinausap... di ako mapakali, di ako makatulog, and I was very irrational... There are days when siya lang laman ng isip ko."

"Isn't liking someone always like that?" Stell raised his eyebrow.

"Maybe you could say that... but... I-I think I don't just like him anymore... I think I Lov—" Alli caught himself and looked at Stell miserably. "Unfortunately, sabi nga nila 'it takes two to tango'... ganito pala ka frustrating pag one-sided."

Stell looked at Alli, eyes softening in pity... Alli looked conflicted, confused, and afraid. It was one of those moments in Stell's life that he honestly didn't know what to do or what to say.

"I'm getting obsessed... a-and." Alli swallowed. "It's not good, because we both know I'm mentally unstable." Alli finished.

Stell clenched his fists.

"Don't say that."

"It's true..." Alli countered.

"You haven't had any issues for what 2-3 years? ... The doctor said you were fine... It was because of trauma, ok? Stop saying it like you've gone crazy or something."

"I almost did... but thanks to you I didn't." Alli managed to smile.

Stell felt guilty again. "No thanks to me... di sana mangyayari yun lahat kung di ako naging pabaya."

"Its not your faul—"

"Let's stop talking about this." Stell interrupted.

Alli sighed. "As I was saying... I'm becoming increasingly irrational... I even kissed him—" Well, to be fair Alli did more than just kiss him, he basically did an unauthorized tour of Ken's body... But he was not going to tell Stell that.