Chapter 8

Alli spent the next few days, sa bahay nila. Stell wasn't home for a few days dahil sa dami ng performances, and guestings ng SB19. He'd be home by the 23rd of December though.

They still haven't had any definitive plans kung ano gagawin nila ngayong holidays. As usual, it will only be the two of them. Last christmas, they had fun cooking food, and singing karaoke until dawn.

This Christmas will probably be the same. But what Justin said kept crawling its way up from the back of Alli's mind. The thought of Ken spending christmas alone this year kept nagging Alli. He could even imagine Ken eating alone sa condo nya, or even in his bed just sleeping.

Almost every night for a few days now, Ken always calls Alli, whether it be about a book that he has recommended, or just a little chat. Alli realized Ken must be doing that, because he didn't have anyone else to talk to, or he feels lonely or misses his family, well at least Alli has Stell.

Alli's mind also wandered to Stell, both of Stell's real parents are dead, so Alli and his dad are the only family he has. Alli kept thinking how strong Stell is as a person, being this cheerful and happy despite his harsh reality. Alli has no excuse at all, to be sad. He must do his best to make Stell happy.

Alli decided to go to the mall to buy gifts. Stell loves clothes and cooking ware, so Alli decided to buy both. Usually, sabay sila ni Stell bumibili para sa christmas, so this is the first time na bibili si Alli using his own money. He didn't tell Stell but he has been asking his dad for investment advice, and he has been investing all his money yearly without fail, he has a very extensive portfolio now, managed by one his dad's portfolio managers, whom he recommended himself. He has quite a bit of money now, he doesn't exactly know how much because he doesn't check, but the manager says it was very good.

His dad just won't stop sending both of them money, kahit sinabi na nila ni Stell na di na kailangan, their dad always says na its his responsibility to provide for them, kahit na may income na sila. He says na he was happy na may income na sila, but that should be their own, and different from his support. Alli thinks his dad feels he must do this kasi wala sya palagi. They didn't feel bad about it though, marami naman tao natutulungan ang Dad nila providing jobs for other people, and he has also been through a lot, maybe working is his way of trying to forget or distracting himself.

Namili na ng mga damit si Alli, he looked for things, na Stell would possibly like, he based his picks from what he sees Stell wears, bumili din sya ng gift para kay Justin, Pablo, at Josh. But he was stumped at what to get for Ken.

He was about to leave nalang and find something at another time when something caught his eye. He passed by a Jewelry store; it had an Italian name. What caught his eye was one of the displays, it was a bracelet. It was black and silver, shaped in a serpentine dragon biting its tail, the body itself was made in segments and links, it looked beautiful.

Parang bagay to kay Ken. Alli tried to imagine how it would look in Ken's hand. Bumungad sa utak nya ang mukha ni Ken na nakangisi sa kanya. Alli tried to concentrate further kinunot nya noo nya habang nakapikit, pero ang bumungad naman ngayon ay si Ken na seryoso, but he was staring directly at his eyes, and he was getting closer and closer, his lips were getting near— *Thuuddd!! That was the sound of Alli's forehead hitting the glass of the store.

He was irritated at what was going on in his mind, so he purposefully craned his neck and intentionally hit his head sa glass. Not too strong... just enough to scare the dimunyu away.

Gagi ka Alli what's wrong with your head!

"Tsk." Alli saw Ken's hand clearly now, slender fingers, lightly bronze skin, black painted nails, and a Dragon bracelet.