Chapter 23

"Uhhmm... This was what I was trying to say, if you'd let me continue earlier." Alastor elbowed Stell in the arm, breaking the silence.

Stell just stood there... stunned. Ken who was looking at Stell and his dad, slowly turned to look at the person who spoke earlier.

Alli looked different. He lost a bit of weight so his facial features looked sharper. His hair was salt and pepper colored now, the artificial color was in sharp contrast with his naturally dark brown hair years  ago.

His current hair color, made him look a bit more stern. He had his hair in a half up bun, the lowered half was pulled up front, on both sides of his shoulders just past his collarbone.

But what was more prominent were his eyes, usually they just looked expressionless and unnerving, but now... they looked empty.

Stell suddenly walked up to Alli in quick strides. Alli braced himself. For a moment... his face got a bit of emotion in them... he looked afraid.

Alli's body tensed up like he expected Stell to punch him. Stell grabbed him by the collar of his clothes and pulled him in a tight hug.

Alli's hand fell awkwardly at his side.

"Don't leave without telling me next time ok?" Stell said without breaking the hug.

"Sorry kuya, I—" Alli paused when he finally noticed Ken staring at him. Alli most certainly didn't expect to see Ken this soon, although sooner or later he would anyway... so seeing him this earlier on is fine, at least that got resolved quickly.

It wasn't that much of an Issue now, because he didn't have feelings for him anymore. What he felt before, basically died the moment he left.

Binalik ni Alli ang atensyon niya kay Stell. "I thought you would be angry for sure."

"I am..." Stell suddenly let go of the hug, he looked absolutely murderous. Stell raised his fist and brought it down the top of Alli's head like a gavel.

The impact was so strong, Alli was forced to look down on the floor. Alli heard a loud crack, his ears were ringing, as pain shot in his head, he was slightly disoriented and he got dizzy so he staggered, almost falling to the ground were it not for the metal barrier which he was able to hold onto.

Alli put his hand on his head, looking at Stell in surprise, Alli then looked at his dad with a stunned expression.

Alastor just shrugged. "I never delve into both your businesses; I didn't even press you why you suddenly wanted to leave the Philippines... By the looks of it and from what I gather, it seems you probably deserve that."

"He does." Stell cracked and popped the joints of his fingers.

Alli looked at both of them with a frown. Sino ba talaga ang totoong anak dito? Alli flinched when he touched the top of his head, it was probably going to have a welt.

For an insane moment, Ken wanted to stand between them protectively.

Alli stood up straight rubbed his head, and 'tsked'. Then Stell grinned. Pareho silang lahat... mga bipolar.

"As I was saying, I forced him to come home." Alastor continued like nothing happened.

"At si dad pa talaga nagpauwi sayo, so wala kang plano umuwi, ganon?" Stell raised an eyebrow.

Alli sighed and raised his hand in surrender. "H-hindi ah! ... Uuwi dapat ako pagkatapos kong asikasuhin ang mga bagay-bagay dun... pero three months later pa sana."

"Teka... Parang tumangkad ka pa ah?" Stell used his hand to compare their height.

"Yeah...unfortunately... I grew by an inch and a couple of centimeters... I'm six-foot one now." Alli said nonchalantly. "Hopefully it'll stop ngayong 21 na ako... I really don't need to stand out too much."