Chapter 19

The past week had been virtually stress-free for Alli. No sudden issues. Except for the fact that his insomnia seemed to get worse, Alli felt great.

Well... Not as of the moment, because he was in one of SB19's designers' shop, with Stell and Joanna. They were treating him like a lab rat, he was trying on suits for approximately an hour now.

He was currently turning around for both of them to scrutinize, and give scathing remarks. He looked at them both hopefully, but that hope quickly died. Stell and Joanna shook their heads.

Alli sighed. "Can't we just take this and go?"

"NO." Stell and Joanna said simultaneously.

"Eh kanina pa ako dito paikot-ikot. Why don't we ask the professionals?" Alli directed that statement sa Designer na nasa gilid, nakaupo.

"I have something in mind that you might like." Tumayo yung designer at isinara ang kurtina, she called her assistants and they brought a few suits.

After a few minutes, the designer cleared her throat, and opened the curtain.

Stell and Joanna's eyes went wide.

Alli was wearing an embroidered three-piece suit. It was charcoal black, only the left side and upper right shoulder were embroidered, with silver curling patterns, so it gave a sort of weird symmetry to the clothing, it was a peak lapeled suit, the tie was more of a cross between a necktie and a cravat.

Even Alli liked it... When he looked at the mirror.

"Please tell me you like it." Alli asked them pleadingly.

Stell and Joanna looked at each other, raised both their fists and gave a thumbs up.

"Thank goodness... Thank you very much." Alli shook the designer's hand out of relief. "Sana tinanong na po kita kanina pa..."

"No problem, iho... Medjo mataas lang talaga standards ng kapatid mo." The designer laughed.

"Magkano po pala ito?" Alli asked.

The designer laughed; she had this motherly crinkle in her eye.

"You look so good in that, I'm just going to let you have it for free."

Alli blinked. "Di ko po matatanggap ito..." Alli shyly said.

"Nako iho... It's already good publicity that you are wearing this. Just don't forget to mention sino designer when someone asks. I'm sure madami magtatanong sa'yo mamaya." The designer winked.

"I'll say your name on stage if I have to." Alli smiled back.

Napatawa naman yung designer. "Put this in one of our garment bags." She told her assistants.

Stell and Alli dropped Joanna sa mall, she had an engagement there, with some family members.

They were now in the parking lot of a fast-food restaurant. Nag takeout lang sila ng burger at fries, because they weren't that hungry.

"Ang bait nung designer, no?" Alli said amid chews.

"Oo mabait talaga yun at tsaka sikat na sikat yun isa sa top 20 designers dito sa Pilipinas, when we were still starting, she was one of the few who immediately offered to provide us with clothes, sa performances namin."

"So..." Alli cleared his throat. "What's with you and Joanna?"

Nabilaukan si Stell sa kinakain niya.

"*Cough...*cough... *cough" Stell took a sip from his drink...