Chapter 2: Nattie

Chapter 2: Nattie

"Zach!  Why aren't you on the roof?" I asked.

"Same reason you're not, I had to come help."

"Can you please get off me?" I asked.

"Oh my God, Zach!" Jocelyn shouted.  I was confused, until I felt blood on my legs.  It wasn't my blood.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," he said.  I was able to get out from underneath him and I looked around.  The blast had wiped out all the Ishithians except for one.  I scrambled for my gun, but before I could find it, Janey had shot him.

There was static coming from my earpiece.  I took it out and shook it, and surprisingly that made it work.  "It didn't just trap the people, it blew up the car and caused a huge explosion," I said to May.

"Heck, whatever works.  Is everyone ok?"

"Zach's not," Jocelyn said.

"Was he in the blast zone?" May asked.

"No, he covered Nattie and he got shot in the back."

Zach got shot again for me?  I have no idea what to think about that.

"Get him back here.  Everyone else?"

"We're good," Biz said.  "April should be waking up in a minute."

"Everyone get in a car.  I'll drive us back," Jocelyn said.  She was the only one who didn't have cuts, bruises, scratches or even messed up hair and dirty clothes.  There's always one person who is always able to look perfect all the time, no matter which agency you go to.

We got in the car and a few minutes later we were back at the A1.  We were taken to the medical wing and were checked over.  Everyone was released except Zach, April and Janey.  After my medical wristband was cut off, I went over to Zach's section and pulled back the curtain.  He closed his eyes right as I pulled it back.

"I know you're awake.  And since you're not allowed to leave, you have to answer my questions."

"I don't have to do anything."

"I'll unplug your morphine drip."

"No!  It feels so good."

"Then spill."

"I can't tell you here!  There's too many people around."

I looked around.  "Everyone left for lunch except for April, who's asleep and Janey who's also sleep."

"Fine.  Four years ago, I was at my house with my dad.  I didn't always live here, and this was before I moved in and after my mom left.  It was just me and my dad.  My dad was an amazing spy and best friends with your dad.  My dad never believed in me.  He never congratulated me when I did a good job on a mission or in training, he just pointed out my flaws.

"I don't know if I liked it or not.  It made me work harder, but it also made me not trust anyone, because I didn't know who would point out my flaws and use them against me.  Earlier that day, my dad and I had gone on our first mission together, and we had almost gotten killed.  I know looking back that the mission was too dangerous for me to go on, and you know I hate to admit that.

"On that mission, we completed our objective, but a lot of innocent people died.  And my dad blamed me.  He said he could've done the whole thing by himself, and no one would've gotten hurt.  He only brought me along because he was forced to by the A1.  When we got home, I ran to my room and climbed my rock wall to the top and sat on the ledge.

"Something happened and there was a fire.  I couldn't unhook myself from the rock climbing gear because I could barely see through the smoke.  I was sure I was going to die, but then someone came in and cut the ropes.  We ran out, and once we were out of the smoke, I could see his face.  It wasn't my dad like I thought it was.  It was your dad.

"My dad didn't survive, and your dad told me he found my dad dying in the kitchen.  He was going to save him, but my dad told him to go save me instead.  I asked him what I could do for him, since he saved my life.  He said to protect his youngest daughter, Natalie, if I could.  Which is why I've always looked out for you."

"Because you owe my dad," I said.

Zach nodded.  "Exactly.  And I never saw your dad after that day.  No one did.  He just disappeared."

"Oh my gosh.  Why didn't you tell me?"

"Everyone has their secrets.  Look at April.  You have no idea what she's hiding.  May, she's pretty much an open book.  Janey doesn't even know all of her own secrets."

"And you?"

"I can't tell you everything."

"I'll figure them out eventually.  How many major ones?  Can you tell me that?"

"At least three."

"And one of them is that you have a major crush on me," I said.  And then I walked out.

~~~~~~

Sorry it's been so long. School ends in a bit over a month, so I should be updating more then. But for now, enjoy!

Also, if you like spy books, check out my other one, City Skylines, @fockeyprincess. Tell me what you think of that one and this one! Thanks!