Chapter 18: Unknown

Chapter 18: Unknown

It was almost too easy. Locking the door after following them, piece of cake. There were only a few more things that needed to get done before my job here was done, and they would be a bit more challenging.

No one noticed anything unusual during breakfast, and I just went about my business as usual. I had been playing a double role for many, many years now, and acting normal after doing something huge was nothing new.

Once I finished eating, I went down to the kitchens. Very few people went down here if they weren't workers, but I had been coming down here for a while, and my presence was normally welcomed.

"Hey, how are you?" one of the chefs asked me as I came in. "You haven't been down here for a while."

I shrugged. "Two days isn't that long. I was told to pick up a coffee for Agent Winters. He said he had a lot of work to get done and he needed someone to pick up his order."

Chef Marco looked around. "I never got an order, but I can make up his usual real quick."

"That would be great," I said as I popped one of the cookies into my mouth as he sent off to make the coffee. Once he finished, I went upstairs to the dorms. But I didn't go to mine. Instead, I went down the hall a bit more to May's room. I overrode the coded lock system and went inside. Then I went over to the cabinet on the far wall and picked the lock. I grabbed one of the vials which was filled with a dark purple liquid and slid it into my pocket.

I was closing the cabinet when the door opened and someone walked in. "What are you doing in here?" the person asked.

"May needed me to get her a coffee," I said holding it up. "She also needed me to pick up her papers." I went over to her desk and grabbed the papers that were on the top.

Maddie didn't look convinced. "She asked you to?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I have a note from her. Come see." Maddie walked across the room to me and the door swung shut. I reached into my pocket and my hand closed around a knife. I put the coffee down and shuffled through the papers with my other hand, acting like I was trying to find the note. Maddie was right next to me.

I drew the knife out of my pocket.

~~~~

Any guesses on who the mole is or what they're going to do next???  I'd love to hear what you guys are thinking.  Vote, comment, fan <3