Chapter 2: Unknown

Unknown

 I walked into the database HQ and over to the main computer.  They had already wiped the computers and removed the hard drive.  If I failed another mission, never mind, must focus!  I reran the security footage and saw a tall, brown-haired girl getting into a car and driving out, with the flash drive in her hand.

“They already got it out,” I said into my phone.

“Then get out now, we’ll send in the bombers whether or not you're out,” the boss responded.

“Our inside man shut down the defenses,” I said.

“Don’t worry about that, get the girl, and we need her here alive, but not before she gets to A1.  Injuries, fine.  But nothing fatal.  Do you want a repeat of last time?  Two inches to the right and all our work would be for nothing.”

“Why do we want Armbrose alive and at A1?”

“Do I have to clear all my plans with you?  Now get to work.  We have backup on the way.”

I ran outside and got into the nearest car, an A2 car.  It wasn’t in the hanger, and I didn’t bother looking there because they were destroyed.  Oh, well.  These government sponsored places had enough fancy gadgets, they wouldn’t mind if I destroyed some.  Even if they did, too late.  I activated my GPS and saw the flash drive's signal getting farther and farther away.  The boss’ directions were simple, get the flash drive and injure the girl, even if the motives were confusing.  I put the car in gear and drove away.