Chapter 15: Natalie

Natalie

Jocelyn was on the phone, trying to get to Agent Winters, but he was overseeing the A3 rescue mission.  I was next to Janey, fanning her, trying to get her to wake up.

“Ugh!” Jocelyn cried as she got off the phone.  “He didn’t answer.”

“Who else can you call?” I asked.

She was digging through one of her drawers, looking for something.  “May and Liz are the main people I call in a medical emergency, or Janey but that’s obviously not gonna work.  Liz and May are in Headquarters for the rescue mission.”

“And there’s no other medical people?’ I asked.

“Not that I have the number of.”

“Isn’t there a 911 here?”

Jocelyn glared at me, looking up from her dresser.  “No.  There’s not.”

“Didn’t you say Janey’s boyfriend was a tech guy?  Doesn’t he know medical stuff?”

“He might.”  She pulled out her phone again and dialed his number.  “Michael?  Can you come to my room?... I think there’s enough people helping with the rescue mission...  Because we need you…  Janey’s hurt...  ‘Kay, see you soon.”  Then she hung up.  “Man, I should’ve opened ‘Michael, we need you.  Janey’s hurt.’  How many people do they need for a rescue mission?”

“Well, each of the Agencies have a piece of extremely important data, so the Ishithians might be trying to get that.  The A4 will probably evacuate soon.”

“Aha!” Jocelyn said triumphantly, holding up a small bottle of smelling salts.  Then the door slammed open and a tall, dark haired guy walked in with a first aid kit.

“What did you do?” he said as he walked towards Janey.  He plucked the bottle of salts out of Jocelyn’s hand.

“Nothing!” I cried.  “We were talking about my older sister, Lauren, who died a while ago, and then Janey said, ‘I remember’ and passed out.”

“By the looks of it, she didn’t pass out from external injury, and there’s no trace of chemicals, besides Jocelyn’s makeup.  But if that were the case Nattie would’ve fainted, not Janey.  My guess would be that something you said caused her to remember something from her life that she forgot and caused a memory overload, therefore she passed out.”

“What?” Jocelyn said.

“She regained her memory.  Her brain hurt.  She take nap,” Michael replied.

“You don’t have to dumb it down that much, just enough so people who aren’t geniuses can understand.”

“Any way,” I interrupted.  “Shouldn’t we get down to the medical wing?”