7

O

"I'm only gonna walk you up to here. My next class is across the buildin'," Xochitl told me. "Cool," I said simply. Xochitl peered over at me as we walked side by side, the majority of us in the hallway heading in the same direction from lunch. "Did I do...something Ora?" she asked cautiously.

"No, I'm fine," I said honestly.

"You just seemed real quiet after lunch. Sorry you had to experience my friends that way and shit," she apologized. I only shrugged, "It's fine. Nobody's perfect." I could sense Xochitl frowning besides me at what I said. "I guess you're just...different that's all. Which is, you know, understandable, because you spent some time locked up and stuff but like, I guess you're-

"Not the same?" I finished for her, "Xochitl I've just matured."

"You seem lonely, Ora. You really do. In your heart."

"I've had a rough day. I'm sorry if I'm not sparkling with rainbows and shit. Who knows...if I hadn't sat with y'all today, maybe Elodie wouldn't have left the table and maybe she'd still be y'all's friend," I sighed.

That was what was really weighing on me.

"Not everything is your fault, Ora," Xo stated. "One way or another, Majesti would've pissed her off into leavin'. That wasn't Majesti's goal per say, she just wanted Elodie to realize that she was wrong for what she said and actually give a genuine apology not a half assed one."

"Now I got two bitches who don't like me. I was supposed to stay low today. And I've done everything but that, so far," I frowned. "I just wanna go back to my old school. I might not have been much of anything there, but I had my friends and I had my peace."

"But you're here. And Linda and Elodie are two hell of some bitches to handle," Xochitl laughed bitterly, "I'm here though, okay? I meant it when I said that I missed you, Ora."

"Xochitl...you'd be cool with me comin' over or sumin?" I asked curiously.

"Sure," she shrugged. "My mom don't know about you and everything-

"Well see, what if she found out? What if we couldn't hang out or be friends anymore if she did find out the horrible person I am? Be up front with her about who I am. I don't think anybody wants anymore surprises today in Lazuli Heights."

I felt terrible inside. I'm such a bad person, man.

"You're right, I'll be upfront with her," Xochitl sighed, "Me and her have just been arguin' so damn much. I'm not even sure how'd she react to someone stayin' over, to be honest. And you're not a bad person, okay?"

"Just lemme know what she says, ight? I'll give you my Snap."

"Damnnn, not even the number," Xochitl pretended to be offended.

"Not even the número," I laughed. "How's Dallas?"

"She's cool. She's actually 16 this year," Xochitl smiled, "We're closer now. Dallas is always in trouble, of course, but our relationship's different in a good way now and I love it. It's like we're a united front against my mom or something. She bitches and me and Dallas just try not to laugh."

"I remember when she was in elementary man, I feel old as hell," I chuckled.

"You? She went from fuckin' up my makeup palettes while I was at school to askin' to borrow them. I feel like I watched my child grow or some shit," Xochitl explained. "Alright, I gotta go, ion wanna be late. I hope we got more classes together. See you after school, hopefully."