C

At the end of the day, I text Ora, and told her I'd meet her by her last period. She text me back, telling me that she was supposed to be going over to Xochitl's after school, but she'd meet me after class so we could ride with her together.

"Hey. Where's Xo at?" I asked, as Ora's class spilled out like the other's, everybody ready to go home after a long ass day.

"She's comin' from the library. Her teacher let her go since they wasn't doin' shit," Ora told me.

"You know who else comin'?" I asked.

"Scared Elodie gon see you hangin' out with the people she hates and cut you off too?" Ora teased, her hands shoved down the front of her cargo shorts.

"Hell nahh. I mean, as a person, she should understand that damn near half the school is friends. Her friends are my friends too," I shrugged.

"There she go," Ora let out a little laugh as we watched Elodie pass by us with a pissed off expression, a loud song blaring out of her ears as she tried to go around a group of dance students in the middle of the hallway.

"Should I call out to her or what?"

"Nahhh," Ora said. "Leave her be. Tomorrow she'll be on her demon time already."

"Fasho. Prolly will ride to school with Linda and everything."

"Yo friend comin'?" Ora asked.

"Who Moni?" I said. "She don't know Xochitl like that. I woulda had to ask Xo if I could invite her." Ora nodded, "I wonder if Majesti and Zeymira gon come?"

"I heard those two was datin' last year. But I mean, I think everybody thought me and Cy'Moni was datin' that year too," I laughed. "Can't even be gay and have close friends no more."

That made Ora perk up, "Bro, I gotta tell you 'bout the time I was helpin' this girl snap up her bra, right? And somebody walked in and thought we was-

"Heyyy," Xochitl smiled, walking up. "Full car today?" she asked, noticing me. "Hey, Cecia." She gave me a hug and we all started walking towards the doors to the outside.

"Zeymira's comin', but Majesti can't 'cause of her dad," Xochitl informed us. "Zeymira's ridin' the bus then comin' over though."

"Why?" I frowned.

"Said sumin bout them cancellin' students in the transportation system on the first day if they don't ride the bus to and from school."

"Hollon, hollon, what?" Ora laughed in disbelief. "Me and Cecia ride the bus too. We gotta go," she grabbed my hand and we started running to where the buses were this morning.

"Yooo, ian know. That's new this year. Gotta be," I said, out of breath as we made it there. Luckily, our bus was one of the lasts and was just rolling up as the other buses drove away. We got on with the rest of the people and we sat down where we had been in the morning.

"Linda don't ride this bitch do she?" Ora joked, sitting down and pulling out her AirPods as she got comfortable.

"Nope," I watched everybody who got on, but it was nobody I was too friendly with. A few acquaintances I might've dapped up, a few randoms on the bus, and some more well known kids. It seemed like I had gotten a more calmer route this year, thank God. We wouldn't be getting turned around any time soon.

"Xochitl prolly still standin' in the hall like, where the fuck everybody go?" Ora joked, "Finna text her right now. I gave you my number earlier, right? You know I be forgettin' shit."