11

O

At lunch, me and Cecia met up to walk together. Xo was already in the cafeteria line, and I didn't know what to expect. Would Elodie be sitting with us? Class had already been tense enough this morning with Linda glaring at me the whole time. I didn't want another version of that at lunch.

"Weirdest thing about you- Go!" I declared as we entered the lunchroom. Cecia cleared her throat, a look of shyness or maybe...insecurity about her. We had switched from talking about more news on the party Saturday, to this.

"C'mon. I'll go first: I like dry cereal," I shrugged, figuring I might as well start. Cecia carefully glanced around to make sure no one was listening, then said lowly, "I have a panty sniffing fetish. And um, a stockin' rippin' one."

I blinked, not knowing at all what to say to that.

I opened my mouth to say something then closed it.

We were already at the table, and since I had packed myself something light today, I didn't have to get in the line to eat. "Hey guys," Zeymira waved at us, tentatively opening up her own lunch, "Anybody seen Majesti today?"

Cecia glanced over at me curiously, like she was checking to see if I was okay, before she answered Zeymira. "Yeah, she was in class today."

Cecia's eyes were back on me.

"Might be in line with Xochitl," Zeymira shrugged.

Cecia looked away out the corner of my eye.

I cleared my throat awkwardly, "Xo's, um, almost out of line, accordin' to her text," I reported.

"Okay, great," Zeymira shrugged. "I was wonderin' if anybody wanted to go to the movies with me on Sunday? I wanted to go see this new Marvel movie, but I-

"Heyyy, party animals! You heard they wanted to make it into a lingerie party this Saturday?" Xochitl asked, coming to the table, bright eyeliner over her eyelids as she showcased her colorful outfit.

I had, and the lingerie BS was ridiculous.

I scoffed, "No way I'm showin' up in a $50 bralette and some itchy, fake lace pa-

I blushed hard, thinking about the word panties.

Damn you, Cecia.

"Panties?" Majesti finished for me; sitting besides Xochitl, who sat in the seat to the left of me, Cecia on my right, and Zeymira across from me. "Yeah, me neither girl. The most they'll get outta me is a little pajama suit I wore on Christmas and some Ugg slippers," she joked.

"Lingerie party doesn't mean that," Xochitl rolled her eyes, "It's literally any night clothes, I thought," she said simply. "A lingerie party is exactly what it says," Zey stated, "and what if I sleep in the nude? What if I ain't got no night clothes? Then what?" she added with a laugh.

"I just wanted to come over," Elodie declared out of nowhere, standing in front of us all, a tray of chicken, green beans, and a hard-looking roll on her white, foam tray.

Probably as hard as her glare right now.

"Well, nobody's stoppin' you El," Cecia stated, her tone light. Zeymira's jaw clenched across from me and I felt compelled to say something: "Unless you came over here to apologize, I don't think your presence is welcome here."

"Who asked you?" Elodie's head whipped towards me.

"You asked. Yesterday. When you wanted my input on your behavior," I scoffed.