30

C

A couple weeks after our all-out brawl in the hallway, Moni ended up moving away too, Linda and her boyfriend broke up, and she moved away too while he dropped out, but one thing that stood strong was me and Orabella.

I was sitting on Ora's bed like a stuffed animal, when she brought out something I had long forgotten about. Her hair was all tied up in a wrap, a bra and some boxers. Her face was bare with a touch of something shiny on her lips and in her hands she held a box.

"Ian know you still had that," I said, sitting up straight and putting down my phone. I hadn't been doing much except scrolling around anyways. "If you wanna give it back, I understand-

"Hey," she said softly, sitting down next to me and carefully opening it up. "Instead of just givin' it back, I got a better idea. I'm not gonna wear it anyways...but I do like it." She gently got out the necklace, the soft curls of the metal slowly intertwining their way into a nice heart in the center of it.

"Cecia...will you be my girlfriend?" she asked me quietly, taking the necklace out, unclasping the chain, and holding it up hopefully. I don't even see why she had to ask? I leaned forward and softly kissed her before letting her place it around my neck. The necklace was cold, but it was warm with her love.

"Never thought I'd appreciate a re-gift so much," I cracked a smile. "Thank you, Ora...I promise I'll take this relationship seriously. Communicate, love you, share things with you, allat," I vowed.

She crawled over into my lap, sitting on me and kissing me again. "Me too, Cee," she mumbled, resting her head against my cheek. "I love you so much, mane."

I chuckled, "I'd hope so. You looked so serious in the moment. Swear I never seen you look so serious. I'm sure when Moni and Marcel and all them fake bitches catch news that we together they gon be pissed," I laughed. My laughter faded away, "Swear I thought my best friends would be around right now to see me happy again. Especially after all my...hurt from my ex."

"But they're not," she rubbed my face tenderly with her thumb, "And that's okay, 'cause maybe you grew out of them type of friends. You guys are all different people now. Even with Elodie's death...it was a gift and a curse."

"And we definitely can't reverse that," I tried to joke.

"Cecia," she scowled.

"Sorry, sorry," I held up my hands.

"Moni was always stuck up. Always thinkin' she needed to get her flowers constantly just because she was being a good friend. Yeah, she helped you through a real tough time but that's what a good friend does. I always felt like she did it out of charity and obligation...not heart."

"Just hurts to think that those relationships were so real...until they weren't," I shook my head. "Man, it's a lot that the crew will never understand when it comes to me, and vice versa. I'll never get why they switched up. I'll never it. Hurtin' you- That was just a deal breaker."

"Moni and Marcel will never know what it's like to have any sort of struggle. The way they were raised, they just don't get it, compared to me and you. They don't know what it's like to have to get worn down shoes from Goodwill, and call those your new pair of shoes. When classmates asked, you'd just say you wore them out before you came to school, but you actually just got 'em like that. They don't know what it's like to subconsciously limit yourself because of what you were brought into. And so no, they don't know how to be real friends. Because everybody at that damn school wanna live fake lives."

"None of them matter anymore. Your friends are my friends now anyways," I smiled, trying to ease the frown up on her face. She eventually gave in, leaning her head against my shoulder. "Let me make a promise to you, Ora. One that I'll keep forever and forever, okay?" I waited to see her response; she only looked at me, nodding.

"I promise I'll never let you go...okay?"

She closed her eyes, snuggling her nose into my shirt and sighing, "I'll never let you go, either, Cee."

The End