29

O

My eyes flew open, as the space between my eyes ached. Cy'Moni had gotten me good with that last hit if I told it like it was.

"I know you don't wanna wake up to drama, but Linda confessed something to me, Ora," Cecia started talking as soon as she saw me awake on my little cot. I slowly sat up, looking around the dim nurse's office.

"You got a concussion," she then told me quickly.

"Cee...give me a moment please," I groaned, holding my aching head. "Please don't tell me she likes you or some crazy shit, bro. I swear..."

"Linda's new boyfriend did...that thing to Elodie's car," she told me lowly, glancing back at the nurse humming softly at her desk and typing away at her older computer.

"What?" I shook my head, groaning. "Why?"

"Elodie was bullying Linda online because she didn't have her back in the fight. And...because Elodie was angry that Linda only got a day of suspension when Elodie's whole school record got fucked and she got her scholarship revoked. El moved schools, and...you get the compare and contrast. Linda and Elodie both approached our table on the same type of time, but El was the only one who went through with shit and who did shit, and she's mad her friend ain't have her back. So then, El is like, ima bully you. Linda's new boo doesn't like it. So he finds out where Elodie is and...he fucks with her Mustang on the day she plans on crashin' our picnic because she seen Xo's public post."

"So...did you tell somebody about what he did?" I mumbled, closing my eyes to keep my head from feeling like it was swimming.

"I think that Linda and I came to an understanding," she told me calmly. "Now that the mystery's solved, I think you can rest and recover."

"You beat the crap out of Moni. I remember that much," I whispered.

She cracked a smile. "Yeah...I did. She deserved that much."

"Is my dad comin' up here?" I asked, laying on my side and pulling up the thin sheet of a blanket over my body.

"Yeah...the nurse said he should be," Cee informed me.

"Wake me up when he gets here. I'm exhausted."

Cecia scooted her chair closer to my little cot, laying her head next to mine. "I'm gonna write a letter to Kailin's family, Ora," she started whispering to me, "An anonymous letter to make amends for what I did."

I was half awake, my thoughts almost hard for me to grasp. "Why did he do the brake thing...too? Was it a coincidence? He did the exact same thing that you did to Ka-

She pressed a finger over my lips.

"Mm...we have an understanding," she repeated again.

I let myself fall into a deep sleep, Cecia's hand holding mine, as she rubbed the skin where my heart tattoo was, right on the underside of my left wrist.

Vote. Comment. Enjoy.