5: Lesson Taught, Lesson Learned

【ωαяиιиg】: Excessive Swearing, Teenagers, S(l)aughter, LEARNING, [Y/n] Lore, (Does Kōrenki warrant his own warning now?)

sɪᴍɪʟᴀʀɪᴛɪᴇs ᴛᴏ ᴀɴʏ ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴄɪʀᴄᴜᴍsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇs ᴏʀ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴs ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴀʀᴇ ᴘᴜʀᴇʟʏ ᴄᴏɪɴᴄɪᴅᴇɴᴛᴀʟ.

♪───O(✿◍•ᴗ•◍)✧*O────♪

You smack your hand on the white board in Beep-whoops, you mean Jean-You smack your hand on the white board in Jean's classroom.

Right above where your hand was, was the name of the substitute teacher for Jean's class. Written in pink marker: "Ms. SLaughter". The "L" was in black; a student thought it would be funny to mark up her name.

Originally, you came in to just tell the class not to misbehave just because there was a substitute. But seeing how Ms. Saughter looked a little hurt about it, and that she was clearly a very sweet person, you weren't going to let it slide.

It's different when people are shitty to people like you; people like you actually deserve it. But people like Jean and Ms. Saughter, who are very kind?

You don't tolerate that shit.

The student's flinch since they're very much used to Jean's gentle demeanor. Also, he talks a lot about you, and how much he likes you. And for you to suddenly show up at the beginning of class and be such a hard ass??

This is the girl he has the hots for??

It's more telling about Jean, honestly.

Ms. Slaughter, was very timid when you met her. Even now, she even flinched at your rough demeanor.

"Listen up, dirt-bags. Ms. Saughter is going to fill in for Mr. Risinger. We don't know when he's going to be back, so in the meantime, you know, don't be assholes." You gesture to her name written on the board, "Starting now. Whoever did this, apologize now."

"It's just a joke, it's not even a big deal," One of the girl students frowns, "You can't just talk to us like that."

You deadpan, "Why not?"

"Because we're students."

"Oh yeah?"

You narrow your eyes. There's a pink smudge on her hand, and something that suspiciously looked like a marker was tucked under her hand.

"And I guess that suddenly makes me not human, right? You want me to recite every time I hear about a teacher being brought to tears because of a student? Or whenever a teacher breaks down because of how horrible they're treated by their own class?"

The girl looks down, looking insanely uncomfortable. Some other kids shared the same expression as her, or just looked at those handful of students. Her, along with the other students, are probably guilty of what you're saying if their expressions are anything to go by.

"You think you're invincible just because you're a student? Fuck that. I hate that mentality. You just love to victimize yourself, when a lot of times, you're the reason why teachers can be such assholes."

You walk away to the open door adjoining to your class.

"Treat Ms. Saughter with respect. Just because the school is too scared and powerless to properly discipline you guys, doesn't mean that I am." You look back to the class, "If you have any sense of responsibility, then you better come forward. Ms. Saughter, if you need anything else, don't hesitate to come to me."