8: He's so Ugly

【ωαяиιиg】: Excessive Swearing, Excessive use of the word "Fuck(ing)", "Romantic" Bickering, Bullying someone's appearance (warranted, trust me), Many mentions of blood and injuries, Dilf's (Not really, he's the same age as you)

sɪᴍɪʟᴀʀɪᴛɪᴇs ᴛᴏ ᴀɴʏ ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴄɪʀᴄᴜᴍsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇs ᴏʀ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴs ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴀʀᴇ ᴘᴜʀᴇʟʏ ᴄᴏɪɴᴄɪᴅᴇɴᴛᴀʟ.

♪───O(✿◍•ᴗ•◍)✧*O────♪

You were rocking back and forth on your heels, starting to feel humiliated and pissed off. Looking down at your attire, you feel stupid for getting dressed up in your short, red dress that you save for nice occasions. Not to mention, you hardly wear heels, so your feet were starting to hurt. It doesn't help that the only pair you own are the most uncomfortable black heels ever.

Beauty truly is pain.

And the current pain you were in was the emotional kind.

You were standing outside of a stupid restaurant at the usual, stupid Plaza, stupid phone and wallet in hand (because your stupid, pretty dress had no stupid pockets), waiting for your stupid friend to show up for this stupid meet up.

You don't know where the fuck Tim is, he's almost an hour late and you're ready to just go back home and pretend you didn't have butterflies at the prospect of this dinner. He's the one who invited you too, and he just so happened to choose a place that you were actually curious to try out since it looked like authentic Hispanic food.

You close your eyes and sigh heavily.

You should just go home-

"Ah–[Y/n]."

You look up in surprise at the familiar voice, blinking owlishly at the man in front of you.

"Oh! Mr. Duran!"

He shakes his head, the ever blank expression you always see on his face at the school, is replaced by a more softer one. It's a little unusual, so you've only ever seen it whenever you're alone with him.

"There is no need to be so formal after work hours. Just Russell is fine," He smiles, eyes shining with mirth.

You clear your throat, "Right. Uh, what are you–what are you doing here?"

He holds up a small bag in his hand, then points to a small store not too far away. "I wanted to take myself out to treat myself spontaneously. I happened to see you on my way out the store."

Duran-erm, Russell gives you an obvious once over, the smirks. "You look quite lovely. Are you waiting for someone?"

"Ehhh..." You smile sheepishly, feeling a little foolish, "Yeah... Kind of... I was just meeting up with a friend, but uh... Looks like he's a no show."

Your face heats up and you pinch the bridge of your nose, "Ugh, this is embarrassing. It sounds like I got stood up, but we're just friends."

"No, it's quite reasonable to be upset. Friends or not, it must feel shitty for him to suddenly not show up without giving you any notice. He didn't bother to give you a call or text you?"

You don't why it catches you off guard whenever he swears. He seems too proper and fancy for that shit, but he's an adult who's about the same age as you, so it really shouldn't shock you.

"You know... Now that you mention it, we've never bothered to exchange numbers since we first met. We always just... agreed to meet up for next time from the last time we were together, you know? It works out for us, so I never gave it a second thought."