chapter 18

we stand in silence as we watch the blue mustang drive off until it is far into the Tulsa night.

"what the fuck is wrong with me!" i groan as i kick a rock and angrily sit down on the bench beside me and soda.

he lets out a soft sigh and sits next to me, and i slouch my head into my hands.

"hey calm down we'll sort this out." he comforts me and places his arm around my shoulders. "we always do"

"i should be the one dealing with this, i shouldn't bring you guys into it." i sigh "i'll go find bob and tell him we'll fight 1 v 1 instead."

"not a chance, we're a family. plus you'd never guess how many times dally has done this to us." he squeezes my shoulders "anddd we can never pass up a good fight, can we?"

i don't answer and keep staring at the ground.

"hey" he grabs my chin and makes me look into his eyes, "put a smile on that pretty face of yours"

i roll my eyes at him but can't help to let a soft smile slip from my lips.

"much better" he says and pecks my lips.

my cheeks turn bright red and i face away from him, "shouldn't we be getting home, we got a rumble to fight tomorrow"

"uh yeah, let's go"

don't get too attached

don't get too fucking attached

don't forget what happened last time

the curtis house wasn't too far from where we were, but i was worried about how the gang would feel about the rumble i set up for us.

as we reached the steps of the house i ask "are you sure they won't be upset"

"don't worry el, they're probably looking for trouble. they could never be mad at you" soda reassured me.

i breathe a sigh of relief and thank him.

he opens the door for me, and places his hand on my lower back to guide me inside.

i search the room and see all 6 of the boys laying on the couch arguing what show to watch next.

"hey boys!" i yell to get their attention "anyone wanna fight in a rumble with me tomorrow?"

"hell yeah!" two jumps up and high fives me.

"don't have to ask me twice, i'll be there" steve chimes in.

"me and johnny will fight too" pony adds.

"i think i have time after work" darry says while checking his watch.

"thanks guys!" i smile

"thank god they aren't mad" i whisper to soda

"yeah but look whose coming over" he whispers and points to dally.

fuck

"no way in hell am i letting that happen" he argues

"cmon dally. i'm fighting" i stand my ground.

"no you're not. you've barley been here a month and you've already been in too many fights"

"look whose talking!" i scream.

"no. that's my final answer" he snaps.

"i'm fighting whether you like it or not." i start stomping to soda's room, "oh and by the way, im staying with you soda"

"cool with me!" he responds.

"for fucks sake." dally curses and storms out of the house.

i groan and plop down on soda's bed, then soda's handsome face appears in the doorframe.

"so. no rumble?" he says, pouting his lip

"oh get that look off your face, im fighting." i sneer

"jeez alright." he says and puts his hands up in defense as he sits next to me "just be careful with Dally. I know that you've known him your whole life but now he's starting to actually see you as his little sister. and he's VERY overprotective"

"i can tell. but he acts like this is the first ever fight i'm getting myself into. plus it's not like i'm fighting alone." i argue

"yeah yeah i get it, but i'd be very worried if pony got himself into a rumble" he levels with me

"i guess that makes sense." i sigh "anyways, i'm tired" i yawn

"you can take my bed tonight, i can take the couch" he offers

"why don't we just share?" i smile

"i mean if we have too" he jokingly rolls his eyes

"oh cmon you know you want to" i say playfully batting my eyes

"you know me too well" he laughs and leans over me, planting a kiss on my lips.

holy shit i'm falling for him.

—————————
742 words

IT WONT LET ME PUT MY GIFS ANYMORE 😩😭

but i hope you guys enjoyed this little teaser chapter, sorry for my disappearance btw, i lost motivation HAHAH
but
IM BAAAACK