Chapter 9

"I'm always down for a good game of ol' truth or dare." soda says leaning in the bathroom doorway.

"I'm gonna have to sit this one out." Darry calls from the bathroom.

"What about you Elise?" Two asked.

"You best bet i'm gonna play." I say and sit down on the arm of the chair that soda wandered over too.

"Ok, I'll go first, after all it was my idea to play the game." Two-bit boasted.

"Just get started before I cut your tongue off Two." Dally warned from the couch next to Johnny.

"Jeesh alright," Two-Bit said as he put his hands up in defense. "Ok um, Steve truth or dare?"

"Truth." Steve announced.

"Have you ever cheated on someone before?" Two-but asked.

Steve's face got red and he rubbed the back of his neck as he looked at the floor.

"Gotta be honest." Dally pipped in.

"I know, i know." he murmured "fine i did. but it wasn't on Evie! It was that girl Christina I dated before her."

A sound of ooohs went around the room.

"That was a bitchy move." I said looking up at him.

"Yeah, yeah i know now." he replied.

"It's my turn to ask now, uh Dally. Truth or dare?" Steve asked.

"Dare." Dally replied.

"I dare you to cut a piece of your hair with your switch."

"Hell no man." Dally suddenly got defensive.

"A dare is a dare" Two-bit laughed.

"Fine." He sneered.

Dally flipped open his switch and pulled out a tiny strand of hair and cut it.

"Done."

"Hey they wasn't enough." Steve wined.

"You never said how much I needed to cut." Dally shrugged his shoulders.

"Anyways. Elise, truth or dare?" He questioned me.

"Dare."

"Ooh alright." Dally chuckled and looked around the room. "I dare you to... kiss ponyboy."

"WHAT?!" Pony and I yelled and jumped up.

"Why the hell us!!" I snarled.

Soda's normal smiling face looked hurt, and almost pissed off. he was now looking at the floor and was fiddling with his fingers but his face was very red.

"Relax kid, i just wanted to see pepsi cola's reaction." dally laughed.

Soda took a sigh of relief and lied "i wasn't even worried anyways."

I almost laughed at that comment but i held it in. maybe he really wasn't worried? no, he was, he definitely worried.

why do i even care?

"Sure..." dally spoke "anyways your dare is to... rob bob's house."

You wouldn't have to tell me twice. I hopped off the armchair and excitedly said "ok let's go"

"now?"

"yeah? what did you wanna wait till the end? let's just go now" i persuade him.

soda sprang from his chair "oh no you're not"

"oh yes i am" i mocked and walked out of the house.

all of the boys followed me with surprised but devilish looks on their faces.

"Elise. you know you don't have to do this right?" pony told me.

"a dare is a dare." i simply said.

we passed hundreds of houses each one looking different but all around the same size. dally was leading us since i had no clue where bob's house is.

"this is the boarder of the east side and the west side" dally states and points to a couple houses and a stone marker.

i looked very closely at one of the houses, it looked familiar but why?

right as a realized i stopped dead in my tracks... that's my house.

your mom is dead.

you're probably the reason your mom killed herself.

your mom died thinking you hate her.

what will you do without a mom?

are you excited to go to a girls home?

your mom never liked you anyways.

this is all your fault.

my mouth went dry and my blood went cold. my legs refused to move and my brain wouldn't stop replying the memory of the police at my house picking up my mom's lifeless body.

"Elise? are you ok..." soda calmly approached me and reached out his hand to place on my shoulder.

i slowly backed away, my eyes still fixated on the house.

"this is all my fault. this is all my fault. i'm the reason she killed herself." i whispered.

"what is she talking about?" two-bit asked from behind dally.

dally turned around and slapped two-bit on the cheek to make him shut up.

"hey, hey it's not your fault." soda spoke in a reassuring tone.

i stared blankly at my house. i didn't know what to do. suddenly i felt the urge to run. it was almost like my feet had a mind of their own. i ran down the road, the boys yelling at me to come back slowly faded into the distance.

i panted but never once stopped. i didn't know what to do. i took a sharp left. i wasn't sure where i was going but i didn't care.

this is all my fault

i'm the reason she's dead

i wasn't sure where to go. i mean i have only been in tulsa for a couple days and it's already a shit show. i ran and ran until i felt like throwing up. my body couldn't handle holding in these tears anymore. my eyes began to get watery and my breaths were all small quivers. one tear rolled down my face and many more followed. i dropped to my knees on the grass beside the road and bawled my eyes out.

suddenly it started to pour rain. i felt my light brown hair become damp and stick to the back of my neck. my jean jacket become soaking wet and i quickly buttoned it up so my white shirt underneath wouldn't become see through.

i slowly got up from the ground and went to go find any form of shelter to protect me from this storm. i walked for five minutes until i saw a sign that said...

"the west side"

——————————
1014 words

i'm so sorry for being so inactive

i'm so sorry for being so inactive. i was reading duplicity and i literally couldn't stop- i 100% recommend