𝟢𝟣𝟧,THE CHASE

CRUEL SUMMER
015 | the chase

NOBODY REALLY SLEPT THAT NIGHT, if it wasn't for the fear that resided in them all that Rafe and Barry were coming back it was the anticipation of waiting for Pope and Kiara to return so they could plan their next move of action.

They took it in shifts, watching out for anything. At least JJ and John B did — letting their girlfriends have a half decent nights sleep on the pullout. JJ spending his shifts sat beside the blonde as he played with her hair, noticing her squirming in whilst she slept — the panic that covered her face, the fear that haunted her in her dreams . After Having fulfilled her request about dropping Benji back to her house, just in precaution if things went really badly.

But as day finally broke, Renee began helping John B pack up some belongings — the necessities if they needed to go for a long period of time, " France is always an option." she suggested, turning to the brunette who looked up and shared her eye line.

" nothing central, as much as Versailles and Paris are beautiful this time of year." she hummed, shrugging her shoulders " you could get a job in a small town by the coast, somewhere nobody knows who you are, my grandparents have a small summer house in the south."

John B shook his head " I don't want to run away again Ren, I want to stay here." he told her " at home, with you guys."

The blonde smile sadly smiled, placing another T-shirt into the bag " and as I much as I want that also." she told him " I don't think you're being given a choice." it hurt for John B to hear, but it was true.

Freedom in the Outer banks was a luxury that now John B couldn't afford.

Their their heads clocked at the sound of JJ's heavy footsteps entering the chateau, " Yo! They're here!" he called out to both the two in the bedroom but also Sarah who was still half asleep on the pullout.

Renee exhaled, walking out of the bedroom and following her boyfriend out of the house and towards the dock. Noticing Pope and Kiara begin to drive the boat back towards the dock, " up all night huh?" She hummed, JJ smirking slightly at the comment.

" Finally! Hey!" JJ called out, grabbing the two teenager's attention, Renee shaking her head "don't tie up, we're leaving!" she followed soon after.

Confused expressions painted their faces, oblivious to what had gone down last night " What?" Kiara asked the two blondes who were making their way to
The boat.

" We're dipping." he told them, a mixture of confused replies came from other two in front of them. Between Renee and John B, Kiara and Pope soon knew what had happened whilst they had been away — about Rafe, about the fact that it was entirely possible that John B and Sarah were going to have to leave again.

Driving to a small little piece of land off of the marsh, quite secluded from the roads but there was still access.

They sat around with the exception of JJ and John B who decided to pace , nobody looked as scared as Sarah " Look, If Rafe and Barry know it's only a matter of time." Kiara hummed.

" Before everyone knows." Pope concluded,

" Look I told you!" JJ called to John B " We should've gone south man."

Renee turned her head reaching for her boyfriends hand, hearing the agitation in his voice as people began to argue with him " Why does no one ever listen?" he rose his voice.

" I get it. I get it." John B told him " I understand."

JJ moving away, reeling towards Renee who took his hand — momentarily moving the back of it to her lips and she kissed it gently trying her best to calm him down.