Chapter 39

***Ella's POV***

We were in the room in a short awkward silence. I noticed she was holding her stomach. Poor girl couldn't get a break. I decided to go tell Jinxx and Sammi what she told me. I stood up and pecked Jake's cheek before walking downstairs.

"Alex told me that it's hard," I said.

They looked at me confused.

"Alex woke up and was literally pulling her hair out and said that it was too hard and that she couldn't. She didn't want to tell anybody because she said that she wanted you guys to have at least a day without worrying."

Jinxx looked up and sighed. "So, she's got to the point she's pulling her hair out now?"

"She's fighting herself..." Sammi sighed, laying her head on Jinxx's shoulder.

***Alex's POV***

"Alex?" Juliet said, making me look at her. "I just wanted you to know how sorry I am."

"Juliet, stop. It's not your fault. Besides, you didn't really hurt me," I said. "I got hurt worse before. What you did didn't affect me so much. I promise, I forgive you."

Juliet nodded and sat next to me. Her hand went on my back, and just where she touched me, I had a flashback.

I was huddled in the corner, waiting for my dad. Well, he came. He wasn't alone. A bunch of his friends were with him. They yanked my clothes off and tied me to the bed. They forced themselves upon me, like always. They stabbed my back. It wasn't near anything, so I guess I was okay.. Throughout the day, people left satisfied and more people came. When all of his friends finally left, he untied me and carried me downstairs while he sucked my neck. He continued to rape me on the table. I was nine.

"Alex? Alex?!"Andy was yelling, shaking me. "Alex, are you okay?!"

I pushed him away gently. "I'm fine, Andy," I said, taking a deep breath.

"Are you?" he asked gently laying a hand on my shoulder. I shook my head. "Juliet, can you go get Jinxx or Sammi? Something's wrong with Alex."

"What're you talking about?"I asked, but immediately after I asked it, I knew. My head was pounding and my vision blurred. Like from that one concert. I squeezed my eyes shut. I felt funny.

"Alex?" I heard Jinxx say.

"Her fever came back," Andy said, making me lay down.

"I'll go get her a cloth," Sammi said. That's when I fell asleep, again.

I was being carried. A blanket wrapped around me and it felt like I was being cradled. I recognized the arms carrying me. "CC?" I yawned.

"Mornin'," he said.

I heard the door open and a blast of cold air hit me. I hid my face in his chest to protect my face from the wind, making him laugh. A minute later, another door was opened and the wind stopped.

"It's four in the morning, kiddo. Go back to sleep."

"I don't want to," I yawned.

I was laid in another bed. "Who do you want to bunk with?" he asked, running his fingers through my hair.