Chapter 42

*Five months Later*

"So Al, you excited to be back home?" the driver of the bus asked me as I was hiding from the rest of the band. I thought it would be a fun idea to go ahead and hide on our last concert of the tour, much of my online class stuff was really boring but hey I passed them and now I just have time to chill.

"I'm not entirely sure yet. Touring has been fun but I mean, I am not HUGELY excited to go back to school. I kinda like the online life. Ya'know?"

He shrugged as we pulled up to a red light," I did school the old fashion way. You have more leeway with the internet now. But I get it. So how long are you going to be hiding in here?"

I tapped my knee as I thought," Hmmm, until they give up?"

He nodded and pointed at the seat belt," Put that on I don't want to get a ticket."

"ALEX! What the heck Jinxx this girl can hide," Danny called.

"She's a tiny kid man. Did you check the cupboard?" Jinxx questioned.

He swung them open to reveal nothing but cans of beans and other groceries, Sammy bought two weeks ago.

"Well damn, wanna just give up?" Dan suggested.

"Yeah, give me a sec let me text her."

Hey kiddo. Come on out. We give up! ~ Jinxx

My phone vibrated, waking me from my nap. I yawned and glanced at the screen.

"Heh, sweet. I win. How long have I been here?"

Benny checked the radio," Five hours. Did they give up, again? You were here last time."

I nodded," Yep. Are we close to the next venue? I'm gonna head out and leave ya to your driver hole."

He chuckled," We're early so if the guys wanna hang out they probably can before getting ready."

"Sweet, do you want me to get you more coffee?"

"Nah, I'll be fine head on back kiddo."

I jumped out on top of Andy as he was napping on the couch.

"AHHH!!!"

I laughed so hard I fell on the bus floor. Jinxx and Danny came out from checking out the bunks.

"Where the hell were ya?" Danny asked.

"With Benny," I responded pointing behind me.

"Again?" Andy asked," You guys really suck at hide-n-seek."

"That's what I've been saying!" I laughed.

Jinxx frowned," Well alright. But you're a small person and can hide anywhere, it's not easy finding you."

"Very true," Sammi agreed as she towel dried her hair.

"Oh! Benny said we're early and if we wanted we could chill for a bit when we get to the venue!" I cheered.

"Well someone's excited."

"Mom I want to do something other than jumping from the bus to the venue. Like I have loads of fun but can we mix things up a little?"

Jinxx nodded," A change in routine would be nice."

"Aight well I'm going to head to my gang once we get there."

Skipping down the walkway my parents and the rest of the band headed back towards the venue. The hot wings were so good. We went out to a pizza parlour and I wasn't in the mood for pizza so I had a whole box of 14 wings. My stomach is going to hate me so much later. We were just about to head in when I caught a glimpse of my sister in the crowded line of fans waiting to get in. She was glaring at me. Jinxx followed my gaze and saw her too.

"Listen I can get someone to take you home. I don't want anything to happen to you again," he whispered in my ear.

I shook my head," It's okay. I'll just stick by Mom."

"You can sit around on stage with us and dance around if you want. They can't try to get you on stage."

"Dad I'll be fineeee."

"I just want to make sure Al."

"I know just go get ready. I'll stay with Mom."

Sammi put her hand on my shoulder as she led me inside and we went off to find the green room.

*Two hours later*

"Thank you for coming! You guys were all great! I hope you all had as much of a hell of time as we did!" Andy cheered in to the mic as CC tapped his drums a bit and threw his sticks into the crowd. I could hear some girls cheering and see them jump as they tried to catch them. Everyone ran off stage and I threw towels at them. They sweat so much on stage it's gross.

I stared out the window as dad drove down the road. The meet and greet ended a while ago and we were finally heading home.

"That's weird there's a detour here," Sammi said.

"I can see it, let's just hope it doesn't take longer. This is already gonna be a long drive," dad sighed.

Not even down the deserted road half an hour I heard Sammi ask my dad what was on the road and when I looked up there was a pop and 'Shit' escaped between Jinxx's lips. The car swerved off the road as he tried to regain control, hitting a tree.

I heard a rustling in and a smash of glass. I opened my eyes and saw my dad trying to unhook my seat belt.

"No! Get away! Get away!" I yelled.

***Jinxx's POV***

We had just taken a detour onto the road a while back. This concert was fantastic the crowd had been so hyped. I am almost upset that the tour is over but I could honestly not wait to get home and relax.

"Hey what's that? There's something on the street." Sammi pointed out, knocking me out of my thoughts.

Are those spikes?

*POPfewwwwwsssss*

"Shit!" I gripped the wheel in attempts to regain control of the car. Swerving down and off the road we hit a tree and everything went dark.

I could hear the smash of glass. "No! Get away! Get away!" I heard Alex yell in the back seat.

My eyes slowly opened,"A- Alex?"

"Let go of me! Dad! Mommy!" Alex yelled and I could hear grunts and kicking.

That definitely shot me into focus, I ripped my restraint off and reached back to grab Alex. Continuously battling my way towards my daughter as this disgusting man tried to pry her away from me.

"Fuck off!" I yelled, elbowing his arm away.

"Don't let him take me away!" she yelled, still kicking.

"Stop it! She's mine!" he yelled, kicking my face. "You're not going to survive," I heard him whisper. To who? Probably Alex...

"Night night Jinxxy," I heard him sneer as another blow knocked me unconcious.