Chapter 22

Julian and I started singing randomly the next few days. We didn't know why, but it was fun. I've seen Juliet every day and I always got hit. Mostly in my stomach or back, though, so no one would see the bruises. I got over whatever cold I had and I was eating better.

My nightmares stopped once again. Anyways, I was rudely awoken one morning by Julian. "GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP!" he shouted, jumping up and down. "What are you doing?" I asked sleepily. "GET UP!" he shouted, grabbing my hand and pulling me to my feet. He dragged me downstairs. "I wanna sleep," I mumbled. "HAPPY BITHDAY, ALEX!" everybody screamed, making me jump. "How'd you know?" I asked quietly. "Heh heh," Julian laughed awkwardly. I was awake by then so I jumped up and chased him around. "Nooooooo!" Somebody grabbed me and laughed. "Calm down, silly," Jinxx said. "You're twelve, and short," Ashley laughed. I slapped his arm. "Owww." "Meany," I said. He stuck his tongue out at me and I smirked.

"Come on, presents," Andy said, dragging me to the living room. "Does one involve me sleeping?" I asked. I looked at the clock and my eyes went wide. "It's eight in the morning! Nobody wakes up this early!" "Who cares!" they all shouted. I rolled my eyes and got comfy on the couch in between Jinxx and Sammi. "OPEN MINE FIRST!" CC screamed, giving me a horribly wrapped thing. "Wow, remind me never to go to you to wrap something," I joked. "Shut up and open it." I opened it and there was a little box. I opened the box and smiled. It was half of a heart. It looked like it was suppose to say Best Friend. I looked up and CC and he held up his wrist. I saw the other half of the heart. It was a necklace, but he wrapped it onto his wrist. He also added a charm on mine that said my name, and a charm on his that said his name. I put it on and got up. I walked over to him and gave him a hug. "Thank you, CC," I said. He rocked us back and forth. "Well you are my best friend," he answered. "HEY!" the other four members of BVB shouted. I giggled and went back to my seat. Jake handed me his present. I had to laugh at it. There were a few things. One was a stuffed hamburger. Then there was a giant pizza pillow. Next was a poster of a piece of pizza. Lastly, there was a pizza shirt. I laughed and hugged Jake. "You are crazy, Jake, but I love them anyways. Thank you." "Yay!" he said, hugging me back. Everybody was laughing at his choice of gifts. Something appeared in my lap. "My turn," Sammi said. I smiled and opened her gift. It was a charm bracelet with a bunch of different charms. "What do the charms stand for?" I asked her. "Whatever you like," she said. I gave her a hug next and smiled. "Thank you so much." "No problem," she said, rubbing my back. "ME NEXT, ME NEXT!" Jinxx says happily. He handed me a neatly wrapped gift. "See, CC, THIS is how you wrap a gift," I said sarcastically. "Shut up, meany," he said, crossing his arms. I smiled sweetly at him. I opened up Jinxx's gift. It was a video camera. "Sweet," I said, looking it over. I hugged him. "Thank you." "Purdy time," Ashley said, giving me his gift. I opened it and saw a photo album. I looked through a few pictures and saw a bunch of fun things we did since they adopted me. Also, four Hello Kitty shirts. "Thank you, Ashley. But I didn't know you were taking pictures this whole time," I said, getting up and hugging him. Julian and Andy both went to give me theirs at the same time. They stopped and glared at each other. Then Julian quickly put the gift in my lap and grinned at Andy. "Fine, you win this time," Andy said. I opened up Julian's gift and saw a bunch of the wristbands that I liked. "Thank you," I said, after reading all of them. I got up and hugged him. "That's not all," he said. I broke free and looked at him. "I talked to Jinxx and Sammi and we're taking you out to get a piercing, if you want." "Really?" I asked, looking back at them. They nodded. "Yay!" "We'll go later on, then," Jinxx declared. "MY TURN!" Andy shouted, giving me a bag. "I suck at wrapping so I put it all in a bag." I took the stuff out. I saw a batman shirt and a batman hat. There was also a cat shirt and Bring Me The Horizon shirt. And then, I saw a stuffed animal. A Hello Kitty doll dressed like Batman. I laughed and hugged him. "Thank you." "And there's something from all of us," Sammi said. I looked at her. "Really, this is all too much already," I said, feeling a little bad that they all spent so much money on me. "Don't worry," Sammi said, kissing my head. "How would you like to put some color into your hair?" "Really?" I asked, looking at her. "Yes." "Yay," I said, very excited. "We'll go after breakfast later," Jinxx says. I nodded and hugged each of them again. "I'm going to take a shower," I said, gathering everything up and taking it upstairs.