Chapter 6

I dashed to the bathroom, locking the door and grabbed my blade, running it across my arms. The blood was pouring out of me. I heard footsteps walk up to the door, I flushed the toilet and started rinsing my arms in the sink. There was a knock at the door," Alex, are you in there?" It was Jinxx. I had been in here for an hour. My arms stopped bleeding and I dried my tears and arms. I turned, opening the door and Jinxx looked worried. I hurried past him and slid my hoodie on. I grabbed my jeans and rushed back into the bathroom, to change into them.

I finished everything and joined Jinxx in my room. "Alex, what happened? Can you tell me?" I bit my lip, I don't want to tell him. But if I say Terrance will then I could get him fired, but I really don't want to talk about it. I sighed,'Terrance, one of the caretakers here, will explain.' Jinxx nodded," Okay."

We walked downstairs with all my things and I saw Terrance. "Alex, are you alright? You weren't c-" I cut him off by slapping him on the arm. "Ow! You were, weren't you?" he sighed. Jinxx glanced between us confused," What?" I didn't know what to do, so I looked at Terrance, "Tell him. He just adopted you. It's the least you can do." I turned to Jinxx,' Please don't tell anybody this.' He kneeled down in front of me," If it's something serious, I might have to." I looked down at the floor. 'You won't hate me?' I signed. He chuckled a little," I highly doubt that."

I looked over at Terrance and he nodded a little. 'Sorry.' I rolled up the sleeves of my hoodie and held out my arms. Jinxx looked at each individual cut he saw. Going over them with his eyes. When he was done, I fixed my hoodie,' Do you hate me?' He hugged me," Of course not," he whispered in my ear. We pulled apart, Jinxx looked up at Terrance," What happened earlier?" Terrance look around cautiously," Um, come closer." Jinxx eyed him confused but leaned in, Terrance cupped his hands around Jinxx's ear.

When Terrance brought his hands down Jinxx looked at me worriedly," Well, Sammi is waiting outside. We should leave." I hugged Terrance goodbye," Take care, kiddo. You know where to find me," he whispered. I smiled before grabbing some of my things and running out after Jinxx.

"Oh my God, what happened to your face?!?" Sammi asked, jumping out of the car when she saw me. Jinxx frowned," She was abused by the owner." He opened the trunk and place my things in. "Awe, come here," she said, pulling me into a hug.