VI

"Armaan could you please not hover I don't need a babysitter." Ronobir hissed at his manager in the reflection of the mirror.

"I think after your latest stunt Ronobir that's exactly what you need," Armaan replied rolling his eyes.

"I knew it was a mistake making you my manager, all you ever do is give me a hard time."

"Well maybe if you stopped doing stupid things."

"Yeah yeah, whatever Armaan," Ronobir mumbled buttoning up his white shirt.

Ronobir and Mishti along with their growing entourage had traveled back to Mumbai in preparation for their exclusive interview with Karan Johar. Although he would never admit it Ronobir was feeling anxious, the nerves swirling around violently in his stomach.

He could act in his sleep but this situation was far from normal and completely out of his comfort zone. Ronobir didn't know why he could easily pretend to be in love with a movie role but when it came to Mishti it was so different.

Ever since he'd laid eyes on her, she had immediately piqued his interest. He knew who she was the moment he boarded the plane not that he would ever admit that to Mishti of course. Ronobir had heard her music and seen her videos but thought she was nothing more than just a pretty face with a great voice and sweet nature. However, after meeting her he not only realized just how beautiful she was in person but also how much he'd misjudged her.

Most girls would throw themselves at him not requiring much effort on his part but Mishti constantly challenged him. Ronobir never knew so much work could be so enjoyable.

"Look I'm sorry man I just find it difficult to separate the work from the friendship sometimes," Armaan admitted. "It's my managerial duty to tell you how stupid you've been but as a friend, I probably just would have said 'way to go' or something along those lines."

"That's exactly what Rishabh said to Shanaya after it happened." Ronobir smiled.

"Why does that not surprise me?" Armaan laughed. "When is he going visit us anyway?"

"He's busy trying to finalize the funding for his new film." Rishabh Chatterjee was a film director who up until now had focused mainly on low-budget indie films which had received widespread critical acclaim. Some of the media were already comparing him to a young Anurag Kashyap. His latest movie, a film adaption of a Hindustan Times bestseller, was set to be his biggest movie to date and he needed all the backing he could muster.

"Well, you can tell him from me that if he wants you for this latest project it's going to cost him, no family discounts," Armaan said a smile playing on his lips.

"Yeah try telling Rishabh that, you know how annoying and persistent he can be when he wants something." Armaan nodded knowingly.

"So where did the wicked witch fly to on her broomstick this morning?"

"Milan thankfully, I can almost feel the relief when she clears Indian air space." He laughed. As much as he did love his sister she was a royal pain in the ass and the further away she was the better, especially with everything that was happening.

"I know what you mean. Although I have to admit she was quite well-behaved after her little chat with Mishti last night, for a minute there I thought it was going to get ugly." Armaan said.

Ronobir smiled thinking about how strangely calm Shanaya had seemed after speaking with Mishti, he had no idea what she'd said but it had appeased her, for now at least. Ronobir couldn't help but admire her for taking on his sister; it was certainly no mean feat.

"Speaking of Nightangle how is everything going between the two of you?" Armaan asked.

"What besides being married?"