XVI

24th July Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

"For once in his life, your husband did something right," Pari said proudly.

"I'm not sure I would call punching Veer Ahuja right but..."

"I certainly would." She replied. "I thought you of all people would agree with that after everything he put you through."

"Yes I know but I don't condone violence, although I must say he looked very pretty in the tabloids." Mishti laughed.

In the days following the awards pictures of Veer had been splashed across the media after his altercation with Ronobir. He had developed a nice bruise on his cheek not to mention a severe dent in his popularity after what social media was calling his 'dummy spit' at the MMA after-party.

"Well, I say it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy."

"Yes, you're telling me." It was a beautiful day in Jeddah and Mishti was walking along the Gold Souk getting in some well-deserved shopping time. The premiere of Ronobir's new film was being held the next night and she wanted something amazing to wear.

To be honest Mishti was feeling a little self-conscious considering his co-star Palak Sharma was stunning. She had briefly wondered whether she and Ronobir had slept together since he was well known for bedding his colleagues. Mishti realized she was going to drive herself mad thinking like that considering the long line of conquests he'd supposedly had.

"So you didn't do too badly on the publicity front either Mishtu, that kiss was a Filmfare Award winner."

Mishti blushed as the memory of that kiss flashed through her head. She thought their first public kiss outside the Palms had been incredible but the sheer intensity of this recent kiss had left her completely flabbergasted.

Considering she instigated it Mishti knew it wasn't just about hurting Veer or promoting their marriage. She had wanted to do it for so long and all the desire that had built up over time had resulted in one explosive kiss.

She knew Ronobir felt it too but she was struggling to work out whether he only wanted to get her into bed or whether he felt something more. Mishti knew if it was the former she was in trouble because she was beginning to fall hard for him and couldn't imagine how she was going to stop herself.

"Yes well, anything to annoy Veer. Making us look better to the public was just a bonus I guess." She joked.

"Well if the papers the next day were anything to go by I'd say you two hit a home run with that kiss." She said confidently. "There's no way anyone can doubt you're a real couple now." Mishti felt her heart sink realizing that being a real couple was exactly what she wanted.

"Well, that's good to hear and to think you were worried." She chuckled.

"I'll admit I had my reservations at the start but you two have managed to convince everyone." She said contentedly. "There's nothing you want to tell me is there?"

"What do you mean?" Mishti heard a faint beeping in her ear and sighed in relief, saved by the bell she thought. "Hold on Pari I have another call." She said connecting it.

"I can't believe the slimy toad got off with only one punch," Riddhima said wryly.

"Trust me Ronobir would have gone ten rounds if he could have but the media were everywhere."

"I guess I'm just jealous I didn't get the chance to hurt him myself." She pouted. Mishti rolled her eyes, Riddhima had threatened grievous bodily harm after it first happened and at one point Mishti had to physically restrain her from attacking him.