XXXI

29th January, Delhi, India

"Mr. Chatterjee?" Ronobir turned around at the sound of his name, flashing a brief smile in the older man's direction. "My name is Thomas and I'll be assisting you this evening."

"Thank you Thomas but please call me Ronobir. It's the least I can do after you offered to do this; you don't know how much I appreciate it."

"It's our pleasure." He smiled broadly. "Well if you'll just follow me we can begin." He said gesturing up the hallway. Ronobir felt the nerves suddenly flutter in his stomach not quite sure why he was so anxious.

"Sorry, I'm just waiting on a couple of people before we start," Ronobir said consulting his watch, knowing them they'd be too busy fighting to notice the time.

"If you could drive Riddhima we might have been here on time," Pari grumbled as the twins finally arrived.

"Well considering you wouldn't stop telling me what to do Pari are you surprised?" Riddhima muttered as they approached Ronobir.

"Thanks for making an appearance this century ladies." He drawled sarcastically. "Now we can begin, thanks, Thomas." The four of them walked down the dimly lit hallway stopping while Thomas unlocked the door at the end.

"Okay, this is the difficult part," Thomas said as the lights above them flickered on illuminating the room. Ronobir looked around completely taken aback by all the sparkling jewels housed in the numerous cabinets scattered around the room. He breathed in deeply knowing Thomas was right he had a hard task ahead of him.

Ronobir looked around Tiffany & Co in awe. Although he'd shopped at Tiffany's before he'd never been there after-hours. Given the media interest, Reeva had organized a private shopping trip so he could buy Mishti a real engagement ring, not the prop she currently wore in case the media questioned the validity of their marriage.

Ronobir wanted to buy Mishti a new ring to signify their new start. Mishti didn't get to have her dream wedding and he was determined to make it happen. If there was something Ronobir knew it was how long girls spent planning their special day. He only had to think back to Shanaya walking around the backyard draped in their mother's dupatta and promising to love their family cat for eternity while animatedly doing all the rasams.

He was fairly certain Mishti's ideal wedding didn't consist of Sin City, copious amounts of alcohol, and Elvis. Ronobir was going to give Mishti everything she deserved, starting with a romantic proposal; he just needed to find the perfect engagement ring first. He knew it wasn't going to be easy and had called in some experts, although he was beginning to regret asking the twins given their penchant for bickering.

"Wow, so this is what this place looks like after dark?" Pari said in amazement as she looked around.

"Now this is my kind of shopping," Riddhima said walking around admiring the different pieces of jewelry. "Oh, how cute do you have this in my size?" She asked Thomas pointing to one of the cabinets.

"Riddhima for once this isn't actually about you," Ronobir muttered wondering why he brought the twins along again, he must have been desperate.

"Yes, Riddhima not everything revolves around you." Pari mimicked nudging her twin in the side.

"Well, what do you expect when you let a girl loose in Tiffany's." She shot back. "Oh Pari this would look amazing on you." Pari walked over and started to swoon over the gorgeous diamond bracelet.

"Okay right that's it, you two out." He cried as they looked up in astonishment.

"Jiju." They yelled in unison making him do a double take. "We'll be good we promise," Pari added dutifully.