XXIII

21st October, Ely Cambridgeshire, England

Ronobir looked in the mirror attempting to fasten his tie, his ashen face making his crimson lips look even darker. He had been trying to do up his tie for the past ten minutes but failing miserably. It probably had something to do with the fact that his hands wouldn't stop shaking. Ronobir threw away his tie in frustration and sat on the bed placing his head in his hands.

He couldn't believe it had been ten years since his mother passed away. He had been dreading the anniversary because of all the feelings it would dredge up and now it had finally arrived. He wanted to spend the day alone preferably with a bottle of whiskey but his siblings had other plans, unfortunately.

When Tej told him about the memorial he had tried to object but apparently, Shanaya was already in full planning mode so it was too late. He didn't begrudge them for doing something but people had different ways of grieving and Ronobir liked to do it by himself. Tej suggested they each say something but Ronobir wasn't sure what to say and if he did he didn't know if he'd be able to get through it without breaking down completely.

He grabbed his tie and stood up proceeding to try again. He looked at himself in the mirror and took some deep breaths; he was an actor so if anyone could get through today he could. Ronobir was so involved in his task that he didn't notice her enter the room until he felt her hands brush over his shoulders and onto his chest.

Ronobir looked at his reflection noticing Mishti standing behind him her body rubbing against his back. She was so close he could feel the rise and fall of her chest as she breathed, her floral perfume filling his nostrils and making him dizzy. Ronobir could feel himself stirring, all it took was one touch and he was a goner when it came to Mishti. He wanted nothing more than to pick her up, lay her on the bed, and completely ravish her. He closed his eyes blocking her out and trying to calm his growing erection. He felt her pull the tie out of his grasp.

"Here let me help you, turn around." She said smiling as he opened his eyes. Ronobir did as he was told although having her in such proximity, her lips within inches of his, was rattling him to no end, not to mention failing to relieve the pressure building inside him. She looked so beautiful in her simple black dress, her hair pulled into a low bun with wavy tendrils framing her face.

He closed his eyes again hoping the term out of sight out of mind would work. It didn't. Once she finished he moved away quickly trying to get some distance between them. Ronobir needed to focus and didn't need any distractions, especially today.

"Um, thanks, Mishti." He said quietly purposely not looking at her.

"Yes, you're welcome." She said weakly. "So, is there anything I can do or anything you need."

"No, I'm fine." He replied quickly. "I should finish getting ready." Ronobir started moving towards the bathroom.

"Okay, I guess I'll see you out there." She murmured before walking out, her sad tone not lost on Ronobir. He turned around watching her retreating his erection now well and truly gone. He wanted to tell her to come back and that he did need something, he needed her.

The events of the past week had made Ronobir realize a few things, the most important being that he was in love with Mishti. Instead of bringing him peace, however, it was tormenting him. He thought back to the moment he knew she was the one.

19th October, Edinburgh, Scotland

The sun was peeking through the blinds into their suite; Ronobir was lying on his side watching his wife sleep soundly. Even after their excessive activity during the night Ronobir was unable to sleep. He grinned as the memories of their spectacular night filled his thoughts.