chapter 7

"Let's go." A man walks into the room, an AR at his side and a firm hand on his knife. There was no way we could take him without one of us being shot.

I look over to Daryl, nodding to him to comply. We would find a way out of this, we had to.

"Up!" He yells, and Daryl and I both stagger to our feet with our hands up. "Your friends are waiting," he finished.

I look over to Daryl then back to the guard. "Friends? What fucking friends?!" I yell.

"A pretty girl with a samurai sword and an old man," he says with a laugh.

Shit.

"I'm gonna fucking kill you if you touch em!" Daryl yells.

"Try and you'll be as good as dead too. You're lucky you aren't already," the man spits.

He looks behind him, nodding to a group of guards who then pile into the room, restraining us with rope and duct tape.

"The fuck is your issue? We just wanted peace." I say.

"Peace? Until you burned half of the town down?" The guy laughs, then leans into my face. "I don't think so, Sage Wilson."

I glare at him, squirming under the uncomfortable of my wrists grinding together. I look over to Daryl, who read nothing but anger and revenge. He was going to get us killed.

"Let's head out!" The man says as he motions for his men to drag us. Two guns are pressed against our back as we are shoved forward and out of the room.

"Where are you taking us?" I ask.

"Home." The man answers.

I slowly look to Daryl with a puzzled look, and he returns it. The prison.

My eyes widen. "Wait, what are you going to—"

A bag comes over my head, everything becoming dark. I struggle against it, but a hand meets my gut. I wrench over, moaning in pain.

"Sage!" Daryl yells. "Get you're fucking hands off of me!"

"Stop, Daryl!" I yell through the murky dark bag. "Comply for once."

We are pushed by the muzzles of guns out of the room, and outside. Next thing we knew, we were being bent down and shoved into what seemed like a vehicle based off of the smell of gasoline.

"Where are you taking us?" I ask.

"Home, sweet home."

The Governor.