Chapter 4

I saw him again, the boy whose face only hold nothing but a smile, no sorrows just peace. That was something I had wished to have, something I longed for. My poor single mother had to work graveyard shifts for usfor us to live. There is no way I can hate her, especially her tired body.

If I had one wish in this world, I wish for my mom to be happy, to let her rest so I'll work hard for her; I'll make her happy.

Break was over and I went back to my class. I sat in my chair and took out my book and began taking down notes. I participated in class and asked questions. I had to do all it takes to get a next scholarship for college. I need to make my mom proud, the last person that I can rely on is her.

I went to my lockers and I saw him again, it is always him that doesn't go unnoticed by me, maybe I've developed a one-day crush because of how he is always so happy.

The way he dresses and the way he looks makes me know that he is rich and you know what that means? I am surely out of his league. He will surely not even look my way, I sighed.

He must have noticed me staring at him because his head shifted toward my direction and he gave me a wide smile. My heart raced against my chest and I quickly turned my flustered face back to my locker.

I took out what I need for my next class period and went back to my class. I sat there and write in my little handbook that was gifted for my birthday from my mom.

I wrote all my feelings, all my adventures everything I have done in this life.

I love the Japanese myth of us having a next life and if we do, I hope life can be as fruitful, I hope my mom can be happy even if in our next life I am not her son.

It's truly beautiful on how much we love each other to sacrifice for each other's happiness.