Chapter 5

I was back at home after spending a long day at school, it had been like that for the past months. I am now a Junior and I have topped my classes. I became first for all terms, I was known as the smart girl. The principal rewarded me saying that if I continued with my great progress I will be rewarded with a full-ride scholarship.

My mom was proud of me especially since I am following the right path, the path she wanted me to follow. However, I still like the boy, the boy that caught my attention on the first day of school. Shoto was his name, it was beautiful just like him, he was a handsome human being. It was as if the god of life have spent his time with him.

He became friends with everyone quickly, especially since that very day, he began to notice me. He would wave his hands at me when we walked past each other in the halls or when I noticed him playing soccer on the field where I like to study at.

He would never go unnoticed by me, his broad smile that always, somehow catches my attention. I noticed that his friend group is no longer the same as it was, I don't know why, but Mina told me it was because Shoto liked the person his best friend liked and the two couldn't agree, so breaking the friendship was the only option.

Rumours were, that the boy the two of them liked was a poor and hard-working person, I could only think who it was? was that boy me? I am very hard-working and I am poor, but I was so out of his league. Shoto will never look at me the way I look at him, he doesn't even know much about my existence.

He can't look his best friend in the eye, Mina said. It was as if the two became enemies, the shy boy that I noticed along with Shoto was his best friend after all. He too is handsome, but Shoto caught my attention first.

He fit the curriculum of being somewhat the perfect boyfriend, the best friend I meant. He lookout for others, I heard he helped his parents by doing charity work. Izuku was his name, Izuku Midoriya, a perfect name for a good soul.

He helped the poor at our school too and by this, we don't have to pay for food since it is given to us. I heard he is even richer than Shoto and this too was brought out in the quarrel between them.

Rumours all are rumours, people say it was because Shoto was jealous of Izuku and his riches for him to act this way. Rich people and their problems, Izuku has a kind soul...I wish the two can make up and be friends like they were.