Chapter 9

It was as if the gods have answered my prayers, and Shoto began to hang around us more. He would sit and talk to me and join the conversation with my friends too. It was like a dream that I didn't want to wake up from. Shoto had finally noticed me, he looked my way, and he began holding long conversations with me. Maybe the girls were right maybe the boy Shoto was describing all along was me.

We exchange numbers and we had so many things in common for instance our favorite ice cream flavor is chocolate chip, we love romantic novels, and lastly fate. We believed that people come into our lives for a reason or a lesson. The way I was falling for Shoto, only the gods can save me. He was about to leave soon, he is going away to college in a couple of months. My heartache when I remembered that he was leaving, he told me where he was going and to my surprise that was the same college, I was getting the scholarship from.

I had a lot of things in check when it came to going away to college, like for instance getting a part-time job to maintain myself even though we will be living in dorms. I always wanted to feel, how it felt to work for your own money. It was then I knew what I wanted to fight for what I wanted and by this everything.

It was the time for graduation where, Toga invited me to her graduation and, I was hesitant at first knowing that this will be the first time seeing my dad in a long time, but I suck it up and did it for her. The ceremony was great it was filled with cheers and smiled. It was until Toga came and hugged making me hugged back.

It was silent between us, Toga, her mom, me and our dad, it was silent. Dad embraced me apologizing over and over again, saying he was a bad father and a bad person to my mom. He asked about her and while his face held sorrow, his eyes did held glee.

So you two have finally met? The woman asked with a smile on her face looking towards me and Toga

Are you not mad I showed my present? I asked

I will never be mad at the product of my husbands affair, I cant blame you, you had no clue what was going and I am not mad at your mother either because she didnt know he was married. She answered

I smiled, it was until Shoto approached me taking my hand into his.

I want to talk to you. He said guiding us to the field

I know I should have done this before and I am sorry for doing it so late when I am leaving, but I like you a lotmore than friends. I want us to be together and grow to love each other I want that for us. I know you had other plan of attending a next college, but I want us together. He said my heart pound loudly against my chest.

I would love that too. I said blushing, he lowered himself kissing my lips, softly and gently.

I was happy for once I finally get something that is for me.